Close Up with a HH-60 Pave Hawk!

Hello IFC!
Lat week, my family and I took a road trip to Sedona, Arizona to get out of town and for a change of scenery. We initially debated whether to commit with the trip as cases of Covid-19 spiked in the state. Deciding to go for it has so far been a great choice as me and my family have not developed any symptoms and of course we got to go on vacation for the first time in months! The first day I arrived I decided to go spotting at the Sedona Airport for the heck of it which also turned out to be a great decision! The moment I arrived a HH-60 Pave Hawk roared over the airport and landed for a quick stopover. After the crew relaxed and had lunch, they asked me if I wanted to go over and see the helicopter. I immediately said yes and then there I was, up close with this beautiful beast! I was so thankful for this awesome opportunity and I am really happy to share these photos with you! Enjoy!

The helicopter slowly sinks down onto the ramp after a fast approach into the airport.

The chopper operates for the USAF and is based at Nellis AFB.

The following four shots are close ups of the helicopter as the crew prepared to depart for El Paso. After that, it headed to Corpus Christi where it will be stored until further notice.

After starting up, USAF26309 passes by the FBO as it taxies for departure.

With a heavy load and the summer heat of 100°F, the helicopter gained a lot of speed as it rolled down runway 21. Adíos Amigo!

All photos were taken with my Canon Rebel T6

Other Spotting Topics

A Change of Scenery | Spotting @KDEN 5/16/20 PART 2

A Change of Scenery | Spotting @KDEN 5/16/20 PART 1

Convincing the Colorado National Guard to Flyover my Town!

Thank You Healthcare Workers! | Special Helicopter Spotting

Private Jets Galore | Spotting @KASE 3/7/20 PART 2

Private Jets Galore | Spotting @KASE 3/7/20 PART 1

On the Hillside | Spotting @KEGE 2/29/20

A Day at Sky Harbor | Spotting @KPHX 2/13/20

Busy Winter Day | Spotting @KEGE 12/21/19

Spotting @KGWS 10/19/19 EAA Rally

Be sure to check out my Instagram! You can view more photos taken by me here: 👇

https://www.instagram.com/wattsup_jet/

Thank you for viewing my photos! If you have any comments, feedback, or suggestions, I would love to hear them! Also, comment your favorite below! Stay safe and healthy everyone!

24 Likes

Beautiful 😍😍😍😍😍😍

1 Like

Wow, great photos!

1 Like

Y E S. W A T T S.

1 Like

Tyler you’re so funny I wish I could be like u 😉

1 Like

Surprised @RotorGuy isn’t here yet. He’d love these.

1 Like

These are some amazing pictures :)

1 Like

I know this is a late response but isn’t he taking a break for a while?

oop. didn’t know. 😔

1 Like

Got a buddy who flies theses up here in Alaska, they’re awesome machines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.