Close Call!

So, the other day I mocked a flight (DL3090) to San Francisco from Atlanta. My flight went very smoothly. No turbulence, light traffic, beautiful takeoff etc. I made sure that the flight plan was filed based off of DL3090, I had the right altitude and speed, and I took of from the right runway!! It wasn’t until I lifted off of runway 8R that I realized that I only had fuel for 4 hours on a 4 hour and 56 minute flight 🤦🏾‍♂️😂 I simply paused in mid-air and tried to add fuel but you have to be on the ramp with parking brakes. So, I kept going and by faith I made it to San Francisco 🎊🎉 with only 2,200 pounds of fuel left 😲🤭 So folks, make sure you don’t forget your fuel 😂. You can catch me flying on the Training Server as Captain Gordon. I’m usually flying the 737-800/900 for Delta.

4 Likes

Yeah…I’ve done this…and I was just depressed…

1 Like

Great story! Make sure to put it in What is your “Uh oh” moment?

1 Like

😂 that’s funny

Cool story!🤣

1 Like

When you realize you forgot to add fuel and you have a long haul flight to do. Then wake you’ve crashed ): Depression for the rest for the day. Hahaha.

1 Like

Reminds me of the time when I took off with not enough fuel and landed with five minutes to spare and I landed in the wrong direction fortunately the other person waited for me to land.

In the end you made it. For the future use a checklist 😂

1 Like

Actually the 737 fuel estimates on the load screen are really far off. You actually had more than .5 hours of fuel left.

1 Like

I definitely added that to my list of procedures. Now I check it multiple times before pushback 😂

I guess so because I made it 😂

Thank you!! I wish you a great flight 🤙🏾❤️

Lol. It really makes me mad especially when you’ve been flying for 5 hours and you have to delete the replay 😂

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.