Climbing to cruise

Hello guys so a couple of days ago i posted a topic about my climbing and you guys gave a alot of suggestions and i try to follow them but there still a problem i just keep stalling i try climbing at 2000vs but i still stall when i start my climb i use 250kts then up to 82 mach on my last flight on a A380 and stall what em i doing wrong?

1 Like

.82 may be a bit slow for the A380, as it tends to cruise at Mach 0.84-0.86. I’ve made a chart outlining climb profiles for commercial jet aircraft if you’d like me to send it over to you.

1 Like

The only concern I can think of is trim, but that may’ve been covered in your topic.

what was your trim?

1 Like

yes it would be much appreciated

I use 7 of trim

7%? Or 70%

7% of trim

and btw i was going from ksfo to Sydney full fuel

That is not enough. At least 70% - 100%. The A380 is out of shape with it physics.

Very heavy. Check your weight, don’t know what your winds were but 0.82, a 7% trim, full fuel and maybe a headwind causes the aircraft to stall

https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/A388
Here’s a website for aircraft performance scroll down and there will be a box with speeds and V/S. You can also replace the A388 with any airplane ICAO code and it will appear such as A359 for A350-900 and the B744 for B747-400. Hope this helps in the future!

2 Likes

You’re also climbing at 2000vs in a heavy load A380. At lower altitudes that may not be a problem, but aircraft will struggle to climb that quickly at higher altitudes. With larger aircraft, they tend to step climb (i.e climb to a lower altitude, burn fuel and climb again), it might be a good idea to slow your ascent once you pass, say, 20,000ft, or maybe even lower depending on how heavy you are.

This quality brand new topic might help also ☺️

1 Like

The a380 also isn’t up to date at all so it’s physics probably aren’t great, I never fly it.

Dont go over FL330/340 initially when over 70% load. After that, only climb when N1 is below 90%. If you find N1 getting over 95% at a certain height; descend, because your plane is struggling to stay at that height and taxing your engines…ie you may be risking a stall at some point.
Also, make it a practice to climb at Vs 1500 or so beyond FL200. Climb slow, watch N1. Dont go too high. And you will be fine in any jet including the A380.

2 Likes

The efficiency of your climb is determined by the load factor or how heavy your airplane is and winds at cruise…
Normall u cruise at lower altitudes for long hauls and climb later on…for short hauls I recommend keeping reserves fuel upto 45-30 mins only…mainly load + wind is what decides your optimum cruise…
Uay use FPL to IF for cruise altitude
Also onece above 280 FL climb slowly 1200-800VS …once you level out u may increase speed…😊😊
Hope it helped
Thank you

1 Like

Thx for your help be safe

1 Like

thx for your help be safe

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.