Climb to Cruise Tutorial

You’re airborne! Now what?

In this video I will show you how to climb to cruise in an airliner. Using a constant climb power setting, your desired airspeed is maintained solely by using continuously adjusted pitch and vertical speed. You’ll learn to master the initial climbout, acceleration, step climbs and more! Proper climbs in an airliner will save you fuel, extend the range of your aircraft, and adds a new layer of realism to your Infinite Flight Experience!

Click below to tune in!

Facebook (1)

187 Likes

Very nice and helpful!

16 Likes

Thanks for the great tutorial, Tyler!

8 Likes

Thanks Tyler, great tutorial

3 Likes

Thanks! You’re the entertainer Tyler 😁

4 Likes

Very helpful. Some people need to take note of the 91% N1 takeoff thrust and 15 degrees pitch up on initial climbout. Here’s a V-speed spreadsheet to use made by @anon2063420 if fpltoif.com & Simbrief don’t provide the v-speeds:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/0B5RKCtISVyuUZW1GdjMwQ0ZJMzg/edit

10 Likes

The G.O.A.T. of all IF tutorials: Tyler Shelton

8 Likes

It’s always nice to get a new tutorial. For both new and experienced pilots, this is a wonderful way to either learn new tricks or refresh your skills. Love these video! Keep up the great work! 😁😁

2 Likes

Awesome job Tyler!

1 Like

Another awesome tutorial! Thanks :)

1 Like

Thanks for another amazing tutorial Tyler :)

1 Like

This is a really well tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Very nice tutorial! Can’t wait to translate it! Thanks Tyler!🙂

2 Likes

Really great work! We will definitely be gaining a lot of new pilots during this time so I’m sure this will be put to good use!

1 Like

This is an amazing tutorial! I’ll be sure to watch it many times. You make such amazing tutorials, Tyler! Thank you so much.

May I kindly suggest that your next flight tutorial be for Cruise to Descent? I’m sure we would all appreciate that as it is now the missing part!

Once again, thank you so much.

9 Likes

Great work.Thank you Tyler!:)😄

2 Likes

That’s coming up next! We’ve really tried to focus on a solid progression in our latest series. Once done you’ll have a guide all the way from gate to gate. Thanks for watching!

23 Likes

like, if you do the same as tutorial before they are posting it :)

Hey all you cool cats and kittens, it’s Tyler here with another Infinite Flight Tutorial.

This is superb. I love it! And I know who else does… oh @FBWFTW, yoo-hoo 😉

4 Likes

Had no idea a 3800VS was typical for climbing to cruise. Good stuff.

1 Like