Clear Cache

Hi I just wanted to ask what clear cache means and does

1 Like

I believe it just means clear all the loading settings such as scenery, but I could be wron

Hello!

It clears out the local scenery cache used in Infinite Flight.
As we stream the terrain (satellite imagery and topographical data), it needs to be temporarily stored somewhere. When tapping “Clear cache” - you delete the stored imagery and topographical data stored on your device by Infinite Flight.

It’s usually a quite small amount. We don’t store more than around 200MB.

2 Likes

So will it make everything flat

1 Like

Lol. No :) That would be crazy.

If you tap that during a flight, you will see that the scenery around you will reload. Usually it will be a bit blurry at first, then it should become clearer.

1 Like

Thanks is there anything else I could do to free up storage on my iPad as I can’t delete anymore apps as I need them for school

How much free space do you have currently left on your iPad?

to see which apps are using (a lot of) storage you can do the following:

• Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
  • In the top section (Storage), tap Manage Storage.
  • Select an app that’s taking up a lot of space.

(source: Google)

Apart from 'disk’space, it’s important to clear your iPadt’s memory before you fly.
Make sure no other apps are running. Clearing the memory on an iPad can be done by pressing and holding the power button and then press the home button for 5 seconds.

1 Like

You could also back up any photos/videos that could be taking up space and then delete them from your iPad

It removes bad memories of our past.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.