Classic v. Modern commercial aircraft

More people seem to like modern aircraft in the IFC. I’m a fan of modern aircraft, but I wonder why they get so much more attention than classic aircraft (747 or MD80 for example). Tbh, I low-key wish that classic aircraft could receive more attention because flying one in IF would be awesome.

7 Likes

There’s #features for a reason, there’s a 747 rework and the MD-80:) The reason they’re not working on either is because they simple can choose. The 747 isn’t as old as a lot of the aircraft. And the MD-80 would be a whole new aircraft and yes some people want it, but not as many who want say the A350 or a 757 rework.

1 Like

Most of this is based on the age group. The user base is more familiar with particular aircraft over the other and some of it is “eye candy.” What looks cool and what seems new gets a lot of attention.

11 Likes

The B747 is an old aircraft, only a few airlines still operate it commercially. The B777, B787, A330 and A350 are the new kids on the block

5 Likes

I like both old and new, like the Concorde, B747, C172, A350, A380, A320, B787, B777, DC-10/MD-11 and MD-80, I’m sure I’m missing some, I’m more of a love it all guy.

2 Likes

It could also be said that the older aircraft are more hands on flyers, not so automated and electronic like the newer variants being produced…!

Just a opinion from the elderly… ;)

3 Likes

Do you also realize they don’t have as many votes as aircraft like the A220 or 737max?

1 Like

Agreed, which is why I’m a fan of older aircraft.

3 Likes

Only if more people liked older aircraft…

5 Likes

I’m 17, and I’d love to see the MD-80, 727, A300, Concorde, 707, DC-3, and so much more in the game. Not all young people only want new planes ;)

2 Likes

Yes. But as stated i believe, some people prefer the new aircraft, as they can go further and look better:) I hope we get the Md-80 as it’s an icon of the sky

1 Like

I’m with you on this one. It’s a shame other young people don’t really like older aircraft, imho older aircraft have more of a soul or personality. A 727 or MD80 would definitely be awesome. 707 and DC3 as well.

4 Likes

Well long haul aircraft like the A350 I can understand, but there is significant demand for regional aircraft like the A220 and the cursed 737max, and aircraft like the MD80 can fly similar routes, although not all.

1 Like

Meh agreed except for the MAX i don’t believe it needs to be added. As we have the 737. And there’s not a huge difference between the two. Anyway i’ll avoid more off-topic talk, pm and we can talk more about this

1 Like

It’s hard for young people to appreciate things that were great in the past. It’s easier to appreciate what you have been able to experience.

3 Likes