Class Alpha

Just a question I have had for a while about why there is a Class Bravo airport but not any Class Alpha’s. Can anyone please explain to me why there isn’t?

1 Like

Why is the banana curved? Not sure lol. Guess that’s just how it is. I know that there is Class Alpha airspace (FL180 to FL600).

2 Likes

Since Class Alpha is above FL180, your airport would need to be there too. Perhaps Lando Calrizion’s Cloud City would qualify.

2 Likes

No, it’s not the same thing. Class Alpha airspace is above FL180. I don’t know of any Class Alpha airports, because I really don’t think it exists. Class Alpha airspace is right above Class Echo airspace. They’re really just a constant airspace, no interruptions. Airspace class and airport class aren’t necessarily the same thing.

1 Like

Well from my understanding, there can’t be any planes in Class Alpha because…

1. Pretty sure normal, un-trained humans can breathe up there (That’s a problem isn’t it :joy:)

2. You’d need one hell of a runway to fly planes out of there. All the STOL aircraft probably can’t make it up there (Correct me if I’m wrong) and an empty Boeing 737-700 would need a super-long runway to climb out at 18,000 ft. anyway.

Best, Boeing707

The face for that website does not make it look credible, just sayin’

2 Likes

A small note on your post - there can’t be any airports_ in that airspace class ;)

Class A is, as Sean already mentioned, a block of airspace above 18,000 feet, usually what you’ll find there is IFR commercial flights.

Open airport request in feature section, to build one here.

Oh dang!! I thought it’s new post. Sorry 4 trolling