Civil Air Patrol Virtual - Learn, Fly, Inspire! | Now Recruiting Pilots!

07 PM

32 PM

Civil Air Patrol Virtual was started in November 2019 by Alec Henderson. It received it’s IFVARB certification on November 17, 2019. Our amazing COO can be found at @TheAwesomeAaronShow. The real life Civil Air Patrol is an auxiliary of the United States Air Force. They conduct mainly search and rescue operations over U.S. homeland. CAP also has cadet programs for children and teens.

15 PM

CAPVO operates many different types of missions and variety is key here. All of our pilots will take part in regional flying (to simulate orientation flights and other short operations), group flights, and even specialized missions coordinated by staff on our Slack.

15 PM

Our fleet consists of a variety of GA aircraft. While trying to keep the fleet as close as possible to the real life CAP, we wanted our pilots to have more to enjoy when flying our aircraft.

Cessna Aircraft
Cessna 172 Skyhawk
Cessna 208 Caravan

CubCrafters Aircraft
Cubcrafters XCub

All of our aircraft will be assigned at different ranks. The first to be unlocked is the XCub, next the C172, and then the C208.

30 PM

All of our ranks here at CAPVO are based off of the real life New Cadet Guide. Some ranks are left out just to keep up the simplicity of our system.

Basic Cadet
0-1 Hours
XCub

Airman
1-5 Hours
XCub

Staff Sergeant
5-10 Hours
XCub, C172

Chief Master Sergeant
10-20 Hours
XCub, C172

Lieutenant
20-30 Hours
XCub, C172, C208

Captain
30-50 Hours
XCub, C172, C208

Major
50-100 Hours
XCub, C172, C208

Colonel
100+ Hours
XCub, C172, C208

52 PM

Our head recruiter is @Steven_Tellmann. In order to apply as a pilot, you must meet the following requirements.

• Be at least a Grade 3 on Infinite Flight Pro
  • Have an Infinite Flight Community Account
  • Be able to do at least one flight per week
  • At least 13 years old
  • Not have any bad history on the IFC or Infinite Flight itself

If you meet all of these requirements, you are now able to become a CAP Virtual pilot. After completing the application below, a staff member will contact you via your IFC account within 48 hours. Thank you for your interest in CAP Virtual!

Website
Apply

16 Likes

Interesting. Good luck for your future!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Uhh, Isn’t there already a CAPVA? It’s a part of IFGAF?

1 Like

No I don’t think so. You can PM me with any further questions though and I may be able to direct you to my recruiter.

If you want to replicate the whole Civil Air Patrol experience, you’ll have to include an over complicated flight release system as well!

3 Likes

Amazing! Good luck on everything 😁

1 Like

I’m sorry to inform you but this is already a thing CAP is in GAF I was in it but left to EAF. CAP is a thing already.

4 Likes

Welcome to the VA world. Good luck on your future!👍👌

4 Likes

Welcome! Good luck in the upcoming years!

3 Likes

Nice thread! I’m honored to be a part 😃

1 Like

This is so unbelievably cool! I will be applying for sure! Do you need an active Pro subscription? I would think not, since you can fly for a while in the regions, and you do have access to all of the aircraft.

1 Like

It says to have an Infinite Flight Pro Account, but you recently had one and there’s regions, is there one near your base? @Alaska096

1 Like

Good luck on your VA! Wishing you the best of luck

2 Likes

I actually am part of a CAP squadron in Alaska. Unfortunately, I am not sure if I will be able to renew my subscription. I really, really, really do want to be a part of this wonderful virtual organization. I hope it’s okay that I may not be able to renew my subscription. I am a very realistic pilot, and I wouldn’t do anything stupid.

If I cannot apply without a subscription, I understand

2 Likes

I’ll talk to the staff and see what I can do. Thank you for the enthusiasm!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

If it helps, I’m not sure if you know totally how CAP works, but there are squadron’s everywhere, in every state. Most squadron’s fly within a certain distance of their home airport. I’m sure not having a subscription would be fine for the type of operations that CAP does :)

1 Like

If you’re accepted into CAPVO, I will send you a PM in the next 48 hours

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like