Cirrus SF50 "Vision Jet"

Source

My Opinion

In my opinion the Cirrus Vision Jet would be an awesome addition for Infinite Flight because of multiple reasons.

1. It would be one more GA aircraft in our fleet
  2. It would fill one gap between the Citation X and the caravan.
  3. The Vision Jet does have a unique designe wich does remind me of some sort of 50s cartoon about the future and the air-intake does remind me of the air-intakes on a F1 car.

Those are only 3 reasons for the Vision Jet out of many more.
Feel free to tell me why you’d like this one to be added.

Description of the manufacturer

The Vision Jet is the realization of a vision to reimagine and reinvent the jet airplane in order to create a whole new category of aircraft —The Personal Jet. It’s a jet that’s designed to be flown by the owner. Not requiring a full-time professional pilot or a full-blown flight department, the Vision Jet fills the untapped void between high performance pistons and the Very Light Jet. Simpler to fly and easier to operate and own, the Vision Jet is truly a revolution in personal transportation. It makes jet performance accessible to pilots and aircraft owners who, up until now, could only dream. Of course, with the exclusive Cirrus Airframe Parachute System™ (CAPS™) the Vision Jet also sets a new standard in jet aircraft safety.

Specifications

Performance

• Cruise speed: 300 kn (345 mph; 556 km/h)
  • Stall speed: 67 kn (77 mph; 124 km/h) with flaps
  • Range: 600 nmi (690 mi; 1,111 km) with 1,200 lb (544 kg) payload at max cruise speed of 300 kn or 1,200 nmi with 200 lb (91 kg) payload at economy cruise speed of 240 kn
  • Service ceiling: 28,000 ft (8,500 m)
  • Time to altitude: FL280 in 20 minutes

General Characteristics

• Crew: one
  • Capacity: six passengers
  • Length: 30 ft 11 in (9.42 m)
  • Wingspan: 38 ft 8 in (11.79 m)
  • Height: 10 ft 11 in (3.32 m)
  • Empty weight: 3,572 lb (1,620 kg)
  • Gross weight: 6,000 lb (2,722 kg)
  • Fuel capacity: 2000 lb (907 kg)
  • Powerplant: 1 × Williams FJ33-5A turbofan, 1,800 lbf (8.0 kN) thrust

Possible Liveries

Multiple different private liveries: Example No.1, Example No.2, Example No.3, Example No.4 (I call it the Red Sparrow), Example No. 5

Bonus Video

Do you prefer GA or Commercial in IF?
New Infinite Flight Aircraft Suggestions!
Version 19.1 Is Here!

Now this is what I call a feature request! Props to you man!

Cool nice request maybe could free a vote

Surprised this is only coming up now, love flying this in X-Plane, you got my vote!

Wow, nice feature request. Love the details you put in there. Also live this plane. It is a very unique plane that can fit in very well in the GA and Business jet category(if needed) of airliners. She is perhaps one of the few planes out there, if not the only one that has 1 jet engine that is not a fighter. Definitely my favorite GA plane. Definitely got my vote.

This plane is so cool would be a dream to have one

@Balloonchaser Thank you very much for your compliment. I do try to do the best possible feature request for every of my created requests/threads. 😊

@JIA_345 I do really appreciate your vote! 😊

@KPIT Well there was already a request from back in 2015. But the quality of the request was a shame for such a cool little bird.
I can image that you do like flying it in X-plane. Now there is only to hope we will like to fly it in IF in the not to distant future as well! 😄

@Captain-Daniel Thank you very much for your compliment. Yes you are absolutely right. This would be a great addition for IF.
And one more time you are absolutely right, it’s currently the only single engine GA private jet you can buy. Many did try to do so but all of them did got canceled (The Eclipse 400, The Diamond-Jet , The Epic Victory, The Piper-Jet)
Except of one company. It’s called The Stratos 714. It’s currently under the final phase of testing and should get the certification in this year (said by the manufacturer).
On the other hand it’s only kinda a competitor because it’s price is estimated to be about 1million $ (about 3-3,5 Million $) above the one of the Vision Jet speced with every possible option (about 2,2 million$).
But the Stratos does have a higher speed (~400kts) as well as a higher service Ceiling (41.000ft), a longer range (up to 1777NM). On the other hand it’s only capable of takei g up to 5 passengers (Vision Jet can go with 6).
But the biggest advantage of the Vision Jet in my opinion is that is probably one of the easiest operating jets of all time. I mean you do only have to turn a nob and push a button to start the engine. No boostpumps to care about, no hot starts,…

@Matthew True Story! 😂

As it does seem the Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet is already a very successful new aircraft.
It did won most recently the Collier Award, wich is one of the most prestigious ones in the aviation world.

Further more cirrus is planning to hand over 50 planes this year to work on their in total 600 orders for the Vision Jet wich does mean enough workload for the next couple of years. As it does seem there might be new upcoming orders as well wich does mean it’s already a economical success!

Wich aircraft would you buy in real life if you could afford it?

• Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet
  • Embraer Phenom 100EV
  • Daher TBM 930
  • Pilatus PC-12

0 voters

Let’s try get twenty votes, really awesome plane

I would definitely not be against it!😄

Or maybe something above 20 votes😋😂!!!

It would be a great feature to add into the game considering that the SR22 is already in the game. It would broaden the range of the cirrus aircraft in IF.

This is the only GA that i am accually interested in. Voted

Wow thank you very much for all of your support. No matter if you did vote or just wrote a comment that you really want this jet to be added.

What do you guys think or maybe even know what this opening/closing airintake is ment to be for (marked in red)
Fresh air for the cabin,…?

Oh man this is the sexiest GA Craft around! Good thinking!

OMG that’s such an epic green colour for the Vision Jet.
It’s so vibrant!

If this plane gets added I’m definitely creating a feature request for n416pe

If you always wanted to see a 360 video of the Vision Jet … well I’ve found one 😄 as well as another nice walkaround video.

Twenty votes push it to 30

Here is another sweet livery image

Saw this topic over and over again. Now I like this Aircraft. I’ll take a vote for this! I want more regional aircraft and turboprop. 😉