Cinco de Mayo Trip to Mexico City

Cinco de Mayo is a day celebrated on May 5. It is a special day where it is celebrated across the world with Mexican festivities and some music along the beat. This marks the commemoration of the Mexican Army’s victory over the French empire at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862 under the leadership General Ignacio Zaragoza. So for this reason, I have done two flights to get from St. Louis to Mexico which is a connecting flight to Cancún. So here are the details about this trip:

Flight 1: Frontier Airlines Flight 68 - 🇺🇸 St. Louis to Cancun 🇲🇽
Aircraft: Airbus A320-231
Origin: St. Louis Lambert Int’l Airport (KSTL)
Destination: Cancún International Airport (MMUN)
Flight Time: 3hrs 20mins
Server: Expert

Good morning folks. I have been at the airport four hours waiting for this aircraft to arrive at Gate C19 at St. Louis and now ready to board as the sun is about to rise. I’m so ready to board Frontier Flight 68 for a connecting stop to Cancún 🇲🇽

Pushed back 3 minutes early and taxied to RWY 12R and off we go!!! We took off, banked to the right after departure. Off to Cancún 🇲🇽

One and a half hours later, I see a beautiful view of the Gulf of Mexico as we cruise at FL350. The flight attendants came to my row and served me a cup of sprite and a bag of Cheetos onboard. After that, I closed the window and had a nap with my favorite music.

One hour later after cruise, I felt a clogged up ear, meaning that we have descended and entered the Mexican airspace, and now on final RWY 12R, the same runway that I took off from STL.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Cancún Mexico. What a great flight we had today. Now time for us to arrive at Terminal 4 Gate 59 and to Transfer to Terminal 2 to fly on Volaris to our final destination, Mexico City.

Final Flight: Volaris Airlines Flight 701 - Cancún to Mexico City 🇲🇽
Aircraft: Airbus A319-111
Origin: Cancún International Airport (MMUN)
Destination: Mexico City International Airport (MMMX)
Flight Time: 2hrs 30mins
Server: Expert

30 minutes later, we have arrived to Terminal 2. I am now at Terminal Gate 19, getting ready to board the final flight to Mexico City. As you can see, we are about to board a Volaris A319, literally, a different airline and engine. On the other flight, I flew an A320 with a CFM-56 and now an A319 with an IAE V2500. Anyways, let’s start boarding.

We left a little late but was able to taxi and takeoff RWY 12R, again, the same runway that I took off from St. Louis earlier this morning. And here we are, banked to the right to fly west for Mexico City.

One hour later, we hit our cruising altitude FL340. Check out that beautiful view as we soar above the cirrus clouds within this 21.1 open beta. The IF Devs did a great job adding clouds for the 21.1 update. Anyways, music, nap, and snacks onboard. Then after, bubble gum throughout the rest of the flight.

In the next hour, we descended and the weather was clear as we approach Mexico City. So during the approach for RWY 5R, the aircraft was unable to touch down and floated. So we had to go around and then the next thing happened, the wind direction changed to RWY 23R and 23L but was on final and landed on 5R anyways on the second attempt.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to welcome you to Mexico City International Airport with 3D buildings in this 21.1 Open Beta. Looks so realistic and making the scenery much more realism. So, we exited RWY 5R and crossed RWY 5L and arrived to Terminal 1 Gate 19. And that is it. Time for us to exit the aircraft and head on to Customs/Immigration and baggage claim to get our bags. Time to go to a hotel for our Cinco de Mayo vacation.

Thank you for flying with me to Mexico City, it was a great plane trip and not a long flight as if we were to go on a long haul.

30 Likes

Lovely pictures

1 Like

Very nice shots, well done :)

1 Like

Great shots mate!

1 Like

Wow very nice!

1 Like

Thank you so much @Collins4486

1 Like