Christmas Day spotting at Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Intl Airport, Cali, Colombia ( NAVIDADES CALEÑAS SPOTTING )

Before we begin I’d like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas! 🎄🎁🎅 hope you all are having a great time with your family and your happy with the gifts you received I got 2 new models, an American Airlines Boeing 787-8 and A321neo which are both really nice but here is your present 👇

To you, from @NonStopPopFM

Candy Cane A321 in the snow ❄️ hope you like it! 😉

But anyways, let’s get into it!

Starting it off we have Avianca with their relatively new A320 service over to island of San Andres 🏝️ definitely need to go back!

Same plane but an older but more popular service, Avianca A320 making its way to Runway 02 for its quick 30 minute hop over to the nations capital of Bogotá!

Avianca’s main competitor in the domestic market is LATAM Colombia, subsidiary of the Chilean flag carrier 🇨🇱 here she comes from Santa Marta, one of the main 3 Caribbean cities!

Copa Airlines in my opinion would probably be my favorite airline to fly throughout Latin America, mainly because they offer service to many smaller markets instead of American which usually serves the main city of that country and luckily there are many Boeing 737-800 services from Panama City, Panama 🇵🇦 into CLO this being one of them!

Speaking of AA, here they come on their B738 from Miami, 🇺🇸🏝️😎 they should also consider expanding CLO service they used to offer New York JFK 🇺🇸🗽🍎 as well but ended it about a year ago.

Here is the flying school bus! But not painted as a school bus, Spirit A320 inbound from Fort Lauderdale 🇺🇸🏝️🛥️ NK used to service CLO from both MIA and FLL but they cut MIA probably because of the competition with AA and AV but the FLL → CLO route works great!

Later enough, spotters were EVERYWHERE even the workers were out on the ramp but cameras and if I remember from my Colombia Challenger 350 trip, that means one thing

A private jet is coming

And sure enough, NetJets with their CL35 showed up from Tampa 🇺🇸 definitely a Christmas 🎄🎁🎅 miracle!

These unlucky people! LATAM A320 coming in from Medellín, best city in the ENTIRE country and there is NO debate on that wish I could go again but that’s probably not gonna happen until 2025.

Just like budget airlines in Europe, most prefer flying into smaller airports rather than major hubs to save money. Balboa, Panama 🇵🇦 is a great example as it’s just outside of Panama City and is much smaller than Tocumen Airport, Wingo operates to CLO from BLB with their B738 and fun fact, I believe Wingo is the ONLY remaining low cost airline as Viva and Ultra Air shut down this year. But anyways that’s wraps it up for todays Christmas 🎄🎁🎅 spotting here in Cali, Colombia 🇨🇴 stay tuned for Saturday for the flight back home and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

9 Likes

That’s pretty much their business. Sure, they fly to some the largest metropolis of the continent, while also bringing together smaller cities, a huge benefit for vacationers and businesses who want to enter new markets. Panama’s geographical position has been a blessing for them, and has attracted more attention from new, potential markets to serve in the future.

I live here in Panama City, and at least when flying with them, I don’t need a second flight to reach my destination. Other passengers do, and the advantage for them, is to transfer to their second flight in Panama without going through customs, and still get to their destination by the end of the day. Some argue it’s time for them to expand their routes to Europe and add widebodies, but I think for now it’s unlikely, simply because of economic and infrastructure limitations.

Copa Airlines is my #1 airline in service and reliability.

1 Like

Yeah but for those who don’t live in Panama City, it is 1 stop like I can fly from Miami to Asunción, Cordoba and even Rosario just with a stop in PTY

This time the style of the pictures look fresh and beautiful, just like the New Year. Great photos and thank you for letting me see this! 😍

1 Like