Christchurch spotting!

I really love the face to face picture with the A350 and I must say I really liked the way you formatted all your pictures

1 Like

@Altaria55 I though 250 was a lot 😂 I suppose DFW is a massive airport, sees way more traffic than CHC @NathanD I think that’s my favourite shot as well 😁

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately we have crap variety.

1 Like

Nice shots! You kind of expect the Emirates to grease after flying from Sydney with such a light load.

we need the new Jetstar livery in IF

1 Like

This looks great! Some I retesting movements you catches there!

———
Regarding the quality: I uploaded them and changed the site to 75% as I felt that this increased the quality of the upload compared to the standard 100% selected (Press onto the picture after upload and there should be a selection below the picture).

———

A light load isn’t always helpful for a smooth landing. Not sure about the A380 though.

1 Like

Man I love NZCH for spotting missed ZK-NZB usually flys over top of me

1 Like

@EyesSkyward @Lovethisgame thanks for the feedback 😁 @JulianB I’ll try that, thank you :)

3 Likes

No problem, hope it works for you too!

1 Like

Nice shots mate! I love that A380!

Lovin the photos, especially that Emirates A380!

Got that a coupla months ago to get back to Sydney, such an awesome aircraft & airline!

Yeah I’ve seen the A380 land much smoother than that. The flare wouldn’t be as difficult to maintain without a load dragging it down. And also, they would be landing at a slower speed. The Sydney to Christchurch service is very interesting though.

1 Like

Certainly is. Flying an aircraft that is built for the long-haul on such a route brings its unique challenges and opportunities and for passengers certainly is special too.

Is it possible to book just the Canberra-Christchurch leg?

1 Like

Yes it is possible to book the 3 hour flight across the Tasman Sea. I considered it but it was kinda pricey compared to Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia (which recently pulled out of the route unfortunately. A lot of competition trans-Tasman).

1 Like

Would be a cool flight but not at any price obviously. Trans-Tasman must be a big market both for business and leisure travel nonetheless (from what I’ve read).

1 Like

Thanks @AlphaSeven and @Luke_M, I was so happy I got it, it changed runway at the last minute so I had to speed to the other end of the airport in 5 minutes, not easy when it’s a motorway 😬😂

I flew the EK last year into NZCH mainly because the flight I took was connecting Qantas from VTSB-YSSY and then with timing it ended up on the big bird was actually a decently filled flight maybe 300 people

2 Likes

Those are amazing. It’s cool to see a New Zealand spotting topic

1 Like

Love all of these photos!!!

1 Like

@TheFlyingGuy1 @MJP_27 thanks guys 😁

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.