Christchurch spotting!

Hello IFC!

On Boxing Day I purchased a new camera lens, and I decided to make the trip to Christchurch to spot some cool aircraft! This was a special day for me as it was my first time spotting an A380 IRL.

I took over 250 photos in a single afternoon and it was very tough to refine them to just 10, but I did it and these are the results, enjoy!

πŸ“ Christchurch Int’l Airport, CHC, NZCH
πŸ•’ 11:00am-5:00pm
πŸ“Έ Canon EOS 500D with 70-300mm lens
πŸ—“ January 5 2020

Details

Airline: Air New Zealand
Aircraft: A320
Route: NZCH-NZAA

Details

Aircraft: A320 All Blacks Livery
Route: NZAA-NZCH

Summary

Aircraft: B787-9
Route: NZCH-WSSS

Details

Airline: China Southern
Aircraft: B787-9
Route: ZGGG-NZCH

Details

Airline: Emirates
Aircraft: A380
Route: YSSY-NZCH

Details

Airline: Qantas
Aircraft: B737-800
Route: YMML-NZCH

Details

Airline: Singapore Airlines
Aircraft: A350-900
Route: NZCH-WSSS

Details

Airline: Jetstar Australia
Aircraft: A320
Route: NZAA-NZCH

Thanks for viewing, hope you have a AWESOME day/evening 😁

Sorry if the pictures aren’t very high quality, I don’t know what made them like that, they looked much better in my gallery :)

45 Likes

Really loving the China Southern one!

Will you be there later this year to spot the inaugural American 787 from Los Angeles?

1 Like

Thanks!
I really hope so, but it’s a 2:30 drive from where I live so maybe not unfortunately πŸ˜”

1 Like

Man, the China southern 787 one is 😍😍

1 Like

Thank you!
I was so happy when I got it 😍😁

1 Like

Amazing photos Noah!

1 Like

Thank you 😊

I once went on a huge spotting session at KDFW and took over 1,000… now that was difficult lmao

1 Like

I really love the face to face picture with the A350 and I must say I really liked the way you formatted all your pictures

1 Like

@Altaria55 I though 250 was a lot πŸ˜‚ I suppose DFW is a massive airport, sees way more traffic than CHC @NathanD I think that’s my favourite shot as well 😁

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately we have crap variety.

1 Like

Nice shots! You kind of expect the Emirates to grease after flying from Sydney with such a light load.

we need the new Jetstar livery in IF

1 Like

This looks great! Some I retesting movements you catches there!

β€”β€”β€”
Regarding the quality: I uploaded them and changed the site to 75% as I felt that this increased the quality of the upload compared to the standard 100% selected (Press onto the picture after upload and there should be a selection below the picture).

β€”β€”β€”

A light load isn’t always helpful for a smooth landing. Not sure about the A380 though.

1 Like

Man I love NZCH for spotting missed ZK-NZB usually flys over top of me

1 Like

@EyesSkyward @Lovethisgame thanks for the feedback 😁 @JulianB I’ll try that, thank you :)

3 Likes

No problem, hope it works for you too!

1 Like

Nice shots mate! I love that A380!

Lovin the photos, especially that Emirates A380!

Got that a coupla months ago to get back to Sydney, such an awesome aircraft & airline!

Yeah I’ve seen the A380 land much smoother than that. The flare wouldn’t be as difficult to maintain without a load dragging it down. And also, they would be landing at a slower speed. The Sydney to Christchurch service is very interesting though.

1 Like

Certainly is. Flying an aircraft that is built for the long-haul on such a route brings its unique challenges and opportunities and for passengers certainly is special too.

Is it possible to book just the Canberra-Christchurch leg?

1 Like