Chosen landing runway display

How do you get a display of distance to chosen runway display on the new version?

1 Like

I apologize for the less than clear question. What I meant was that, for example, you call inbound on Unicom at LAX stating your intention to, let’s say, land on Runway 25L on the ILS. In the old version of IF, if you within about 25 or 26 miles, an option in the center right area of the HUD would give to the ability to choose 25L and would count down the distance as you got closer to the threshold of 25L. In addition, during a flight this same area would display your distance to nearest airport en route throughout the flight. It was a nice feature but I do not see this anymore on the latest version of IF. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

2 Likes

After you select the runway, all the info will be provided 🙃

I believe this will help to better answer your question…

Provided you have the ILS approach set as NAV1, It will show up at the bottom of your screen like this…

In this picture, you can see it says “NAV1” and bellow that it says “18.1nm” that distance is how far you are from the runway threshold. On a GPS approach, your best bet is to add waypoints going down the approach triangle and use your “Dist to Dest” indicator to tell you how far out you are.

As for the second thing you mentioned I don’t think there is a way to see your distance to the nearest airport unless you select that as an option in the bottom info bar at the bottom of your screen.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be happy to assist!

1 Like

Okay guys so I have one more question how do I catch a Glide slope if there is no ILS???
I remember that before the update even if the runway did not have an ILS I could still see the Glide slope
in the hub to see how high I was…
I wish someone can help me with this question because I am having a hard time landing on different airports that don’t have ILS

2 Likes

In this situation you basically have o fly a visual approach. Make sure to use the PAPI lights on the side of the runways to keep on the glide slope.

2 Likes

You can’t. You simply can’t do an auto land/APPR

Thank you. This does help. That’s what I was looking for. How do I make sure the ILS is set as NAV1? Thanks for your patience. I have 2100 hrs and this new version difficult for some reason…at least for me.

1 Like

Take a look at @Eseriess picture at the top of this topic. Go to the airport and click on it>Go to the runways tab>Click on the runway you will be landing on>Select “NAV1”>That runway is now set as NAV1.

Keep in mind, to select a runway you must be within 27NM from the airport.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Captain Frank. I have it now. Thanks very very much to all of you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.