Chopmaster’s ATC Tracking Thread - [closed] @PHNL

KSAN open for arrivals, departures and pattern work!

1 Like

kolas open for arrivals, departures and pattern work

Hey man I’m really sorry I wanted to fly for you but that departure controller was annoying.

no worries. i didn’t know i had a departure… what did they do?

Constant spam “you’re in an active airspace contact … departure …” and I haven’t even took off from runway. 🤦‍♂️

jeez. i’m sorry. they are gone now if you want to come back. sorry about that…

back open!

Feedback (6O-SMA)
—————————-

• [04:16:22] the transition was correct at 5000ft but since you have already cleared EI-SMC for 5000ft you need to have a minimum of 1000ft separation if 2 planes are in a transition. So 6000ft should’ve been my transition.

• [04:31:24] here me and EI-SMC preformed a Upwind conflict when 2 planes that takeoff parallel and 1 requests a runway change to the other. Well you did get the pattern entry/sequence part correct, you just missed the spacing part. To ensure spacing before allowing the aircraft to turn you will need to command “extend upwind I’ll call your crosswind”. Than when spacing looks safe you can give them a pattern entry/sequence (the pattern entry overrides the “turn crosswind” command)
    ——————————-
    Thanks for the amazing service. Great sequencing and overall pattern work 💯

1 Like

KSAN open on TS

1 Like

I’m going to stop by. I only have time do to a couple patterns. I will provide feedback after I’ve completed the pattern work.

1 Like

I’ll stop by for a few patterns!

2 Likes

Here is feedback from N1V:

the line up and wait was unnessary, a hold short then takeoff clearnce works best

the sequencing and clearences are awesome!

the exit runway command was too early. I was still going 100 knots ground speed when I recieved an exit runway command. The speed needs to be under 80 knots to give an exit runway command, I try and give exit runway commands at around 70-75 knots ground speed.

besides the minor issues everything else was good.

good luck with IFATC!

2 Likes

Thank you for coming by! i really appreciate the pattern work and pointers! hope to see you again soon!

1 Like

still open if anyone wants to come by!

Glad you want to join IFATC Team!

I recommend controlling this airport below

KFAT
KDAL
KBUF
KBFL
KAUS
KLCK
KPNE
KLIT
KRND
EDDT
EDDP
EDDS
RJGG
RODN
RCTP
WARR
WIII
VVTS
SBBR
SAEZ
ULLI
LFML

so the person doing a pattern work doesn’t interrupt by another traffic.

Also, tell what runway you use.

Tag me next time you open!

Hey! @Chopmaster Thanks for the service at KSAN! OK-LOL

• Good job on catching the go-around on time!

• Nice clearance with traffic direction and sequence!

• Great pattern entry

• Well-timed exit runway!

• Good use of “Turn Base”

However, the sequence for Speedbird was unclear, he was supposed to follow me and be number 3. Since I was following the traffic on the right downwind, Speedbird should be following me (OK-LOL) who was on left downwind!

My transition was too high, 3,000ft would’ve been enough. The formula is airport elevation + 2,500ft, then round it up to the nearest 500th.

Overall solid controlling! It was a pleasure to be on your frequency!

3 Likes

Thank you for the pointers!
just wanted to clarify; i cleared you at 3500ft because i had another aircraft in the pattern at the time. would your transition still be 3000ft?

2 Likes

Basically, the transition altitude’s purpose is to separate traffic already remaining in the pattern.

In that case, believe the other aircraft was flying too high, if altitude separation was the conflict.

If you feel aircrafts on the pattern are too high while remaining in the pattern, in relation to the airport elevation, there is a command that tells the aircraft to descend to pattern altitude.

3 Likes

What he said I read that completely wrong. My fault @Chopmaster and @FN60fps good explanation 💯

3 Likes