Choosing a New Device

Ipad 2017 works quite well.

The iPad Air has a great 10.5 inch screen with many more features than the regular one

Sounds good you have given me lots of options

1 Like

I think generally I’d have a browse around the apple website (apple.com) anything listed there for IPad is capable, and you can find the right price tag and feature set for you. I’d say it’s a great starting place…

1 Like

I’m getting an iPad 2019 (if it comes out, if it doesn’t then I will get the 2018) but I am waiting until this keynote is done, because they might release an iPad 2019 (Prices have become cheaper for the 2018 one, so possibly)

The 2018 can last you about 4/5 years if you don’t mind the quality.
The new air possibly even 6 years. iPad are very reliable. My friend has an iPad 2 for 8 years now.

1 Like

It’s possible, but I wouldn’t place a bet on it, we should rember it is WWDC, World Wide Developers conference. Hardware is not a featured topic per say, possible, but not the point of it. This one’s mainly about new OS’s. I’d bet it will come later this year. Once the A13 is anounced in September, and then they will put the A11 in the IPad 2019 and keep it two generations behind. It will probably come quietly too. It isn’t something they put ground breaking hardware, and stuff they want to show off…

2 Likes

Yep, that is what I ment.
I think it is coming out, not it is.
I hope it is though.
I gotta stop writing this way.

1 Like

It may come sooner, very possible. But I highly doubt we will see it on stage in any meaning full way, eaven if it comes as part of WWDC. It isn’t really a headline device lile the Pro’s, or new Macs…

1 Like

Yep, It is more for like education and people who are on a ‘budget’.
Hopefully it comes out before the event, like the new iPad mini and iPad Air did.

1 Like

Air you mean? The Pro was definitely presented on stage…

But I agree, it is due for an update, so there may be something in waiting, but with the mini being not that much more, and having better specs, I think they might let it fall behind a bit, and really be for people who don’t need power, or headlining features, just a tablet…

1 Like

Do the iPad Pro 2018. I have it. It runs so nice with the screen.

I mean air, yes.

1 Like

I mean this new iPad would be a banger.
A11 chip (possible) and a big screen? That sounds really good to me.

1 Like

I doubt they will change the screen size. Keeping the chassi keeps costs down, and if you’re implying they’ll do what they did with the Pro 3rd generation forget about it. That’s staying at the pro level for atleast the next generation…

But if it’s upgraded, I’d expect the A11

1 Like

iPad Pro is on an 18 month refresh cycle.

2 Likes

I mean same as the old screen-size.I was saying big screen because the iPad Mini 5 is almost £400.
And a 9.7 inch screen with an A11 for £329 would be amazing.

1 Like

True, I see now. I’d agree, but I actually really like the Mini size, I honesty might get it…

1 Like

I held/tried it at a big retail store (Currys if you want to google it up etc.)
The size is actually okay, I like it too. But if I buy a tablet I want it big, my phone is 5.5 inches so I’m used to a bigger screen. (iPad Mini 5 is 7.9 inches)

1 Like

I’ve had a mini for so long now, like since they came out, so everything else just feels unweldy…

1 Like

Everyone has their own opinions. I mean I would only choose the mini for the power. But I’d like the iPad with a 9.7 inch screen so I can also use it for other stuff (Streaming media etc.)

1 Like