China Southern Boeing 777-300ER

(Credit) Picture: https://thedesignair.net/2014/05/05/a-closer-look-at-china-southerns-new-777-interior/
(Credit) The Photographer: (Jonny Clark) https://thedesignair.net/author/thedesignair/

About China Southern Airlines

China Southern Airlines Company Limited is an airline headquartered in Baiyun District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China. Established on 1 July 1988 following the restructuring of the Civil Aviation Administration of China that acquired and merged a number of domestic airlines, the airline became one of China’s “Big Three” airlines (alongside Air China and China Eastern Airlines), the world’s sixth-largest airline measured by passengers carried and Asia’s largest airline in fleet size, revenue and passengers carried. With its main hubs at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and Beijing Capital International Airport, the airline operates more than 2,000 flights to 208 destinations daily as a member of SkyTeam. The logo of the airline consists of a kapok flower (which is also the city flower of Guangzhou) on a blue tail fin.

The parent company of China Southern Airlines Company Limited is China Southern Air Holding Company, a state-owned enterprise that was supervised by the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council.

The Expansion & History of China Southern

Starting in the mid-1990s, China Southern sought to expand its international reach beyond Asia. In December 1995, the Chinese and US governments signed an aviation agreement that would allow the commencement of non-stop air services between the two countries. After having been granted the right to establish services to Amsterdam in early 1996, the airline started Guangzhou–Beijing–Amsterdam, its first ever long-haul route, in November 1996. The following year, the carrier commenced non-stop trans-Pacific services to Los Angeles, as well as to Brisbane.

The start of European and American services coincided with the arrival of the long-range Boeing 777s, the first of which was delivered in late December 1995, as well as a general expansion and upgrade of the carrier’s fleet and the associated facilities. Due to engine-certification and labour-relations issues, the delivery of the first Boeing 777 was more than a month behind schedule. As a result, the carrier considered, but ultimately decided against, leasing the Boeing 747-400, which would have been used to cover anticipated delays as well as to launch trans-Pacific services to the US. Nevertheless, the airline planned to double its fleet of 67 aircraft. In April 1996, the Chinese government would place an order, on China Southern’s behalf, for 10 Airbus A320s; the delivery of the first aircraft, and China Southern’s first Airbus, was made the following year.[18][19] Guangzhou Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Company, which was jointly established with Lockheed Aircraft Services International and Hutchinson Whampoa, was carrying out expansion of its aircraft maintenance facilities in anticipation of the increase.

In order to keep pace with fast developments, China Southern raised capital from the capital market. The airline was successfully listed on the Hong Kong and New York Stock Exchanges in July 1997, raising $600–$700 million. Much of the funds raised were used to facilitate the airline’s fleet expansion, repay debt and investments in other capital as it followed up with domestic listing in 2003 at the Shanghai Stock Exchange. By 1997, the airline, along with its joint-venture airlines Xiamen Airlines, Shantou Airlines and Guangxi Airlines, was carrying some 15 million passengers per year using about 90 aircraft, operating about 270 routes among 68 destinations and almost 2,450 flights per week. The airline group’s revenue totalled some US$1.4 billion with a net income of $90 million.

The China Southern Fleet & 777 Routes

China Southern has a enormous fleet consisting of 556 aircraft in total and with it’s Cargo Partner (China Southern Cargo) having a additional 14 aircraft in their fleet bringing the total aircraft up to 570, with another 278 on order, the estimated fleet count is said to be 848 by 2020. The 777-300(ER) although representing a relatively small percentage of their fleet with only 10 in possession is wide used on both their Domestic routes and Long Haul routes. As with most airlines the 777 serves a backbone to China Southern as well, from it’s main hubs in Guangzhou (Primary) and Beijing their 777 takes into the sky for flights to, i.e. Beijing, Chongqing, Shanghai, Los Angeles, New York and Toronto as well as daily flights from Wuhan to San Francisco in the B77W.

My Opinion

From my perspective we’d definitely need more Chinese airlines in general and a good way to start is by Voting for this livery. China Southern is underrepresented by other Major Asian Carriers in IF (Cathay Pacific, Air China, China Airlines, etc…), and with only the B787-8 variant of this airline only existing in IF, China Southern would definitely need some more love. And with the addition B77W you will have many great new opportunities to fly in and out of Guangzhou one of China’s leading cities in business and trade, and there some unusual route to try as well, such as: Wuhan to San Francisco, a flight many might want try out if available with the proper airline. If you want to see more of China Southern in IF in the future then make sure cast your VOTE for this beautiful livery, thanks you fro reading though :)

Resources

Picture Website/Article: https://thedesignair.net/2014/05/05/a-closer-look-at-china-southerns-new-777-interior/
Article Author: (Jonny Clark) https://thedesignair.net/author/thedesignair/
Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Southern_Airlines

I liked the topic. Of course I have no votes, but you have my support. I hope to see this livery in the IF, along with that of the A320.

2 Likes

Thank You, any support is highly appreciated, if you ever happen to have a spare vote in the future, please do consider giving it to this request :)

3 Likes

I see China Southern 77W come to Auckland in summer nice aircraft.

5 Likes

It flies to AKL, i didn’t know? Wow that’s cool. I haven’t been able to see one for myself yet, only the A330 so far.

You mentioned Summer, is it seasonal traffic?

2 Likes

Summer
2 flights a day 1 330 and 1 77W

Winter

1 787-8 a day

2 Likes

2 flights a day, that sounds great. I’ve seen the A330 quite few times when i’ve been abroad in Asia. Other than that i never get to see China Southern.

2 Likes

I had spotted several of them in Guangzhou Baiyun Int’l (CAN) the day before yesterday. Especially I love their sound when the GE90-115B is starting. 😍

6 Likes

Love the livery

2 Likes

Mini-Bump!

With the recent announcement of a few NEW liveries to be added in the next update 19.1, I looked at the selection of liveries available today with just a brief overview of what can be found in the currently livery selection catalogue now…

There is a shortage of Chinese liveries, for long haul flights and this one, could be the start to where we take Chines liveries for a flight across the pond 😉

Introducing: China Southern Airlines - The Nr.1 Biggest Airline in China!

Established on 1 July 1988 following the restructuring of the CAAC Airlines that acquired and merged a number of domestic airlines, the airline became one of China’s “Big Three” airlines (alongside Air China and China Eastern Airlines), the world’s sixth-largest airline measured by passengers carried and Asia’s largest airline in fleet size, revenue and passengers carried. With its main hubs at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and Beijing Capital International Airport, the airline operates more than 2,000 flights to more than 200 destinations daily and was once a member of SkyTeam until January 1 2019. The logo of the airline consists of a kapok flower (which is also the city flower of Guangzhou, China’s 3rd Biggest City)) on a blue tail fin. The airline operates 10 of the Boeing 777-300ER with another 6 on order, additionally: B-2049 in SkyTeam livery will have delivery starting from 2019 to 2020.

Source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Southern_Airlines

6 Likes

This livery would look really cool worldwide. I presume this livery could come in the new update I hope!
:)

2 Likes

I hope so, it would allow us to fly in and out of Guangzhou with more realism added. Currently we have the 787-8 and 77L which give us some variety, but the 777-300ER would expand the route network and set on a course to LAX, JFK, ORD, etc… :)

3 Likes

As the largest airline in Asia, China Southern Airlines, I very much hope that this dress will appear in IF.

1 Like

The fleet of China Southern is massive. Thank you very much for the support :)

Hope to see this livery on the 777-300ER in IF sometime in the near future :)

3 Likes

With the B777 rework commissioned, it will take this livery to be added. 😍

1 Like

Thanks for the supportive words. Really hope China Southern makes the cut :)

I like how asias largest carrier only has 2 liveries and azerbajan air has like the same amount

2 Likes

Thank You for your support on this livery. Hope it gets released with the 777 rework. We would benefit greatly to do more Long Haul but also short ones in China by having China Southern 777-300ER :)

1 Like

Voted! This is a great opportunity for this Chinese livery. :)

1 Like

Thanks Mauricio, appreciate the support :)

1 Like