China is the way to go for many future pilots

Very interesting read. I am not sure whether I’d want to live in China as opposed to my current country but the pay-rate is high and with aircraft like the A320NEO currently being delivered to chinese airlines it seems to be a very fast growing industry. Obviously aviation is growing very fast in China and many countries around it like Japan.

13 Likes

it is growing very fast in china due to growing middle class. Dont think other nations around China such as japan are growing as fast.

4 Likes

Chinese air travel is exploding. This is why European carriers, and I think some U.S. carriers (Don’t quote me on that) have already signed partnerships with Chinese airlines. I think it would be a pretty cool experience to fly in Asia.

4 Likes

I don’t trust Chinese aviation.

3 Likes

If I ever do become a pilot , I’m only interested in working in the Far East or the Middle East ✈️. Thanks for sharing this article , it’s great to know there is a huge demand out there …

4 Likes

Whys that?

1 Like

Everything about it whether it’s the airlines, the regulations, even the airline industry in China itself.

5 Likes

As long as they fly western aircraft you should be fine ;)

2 Likes

China is looking for over 100.000 pilots.

1 Like

And that’s just China !

2 Likes

Their trading is growing fast!

2 Likes

Not so fast. While pay is good, you will be working 90 days straight and get 30, 60 or 90 days off.

I love flying and all, but that’s a pretty brutal work schedule.

Money isn’t everything once get into the aviation industry you will realize that real quick.

Quality of life > money any day

6 Likes

Anyone who is seriously considering this, please research first, in particular read the PPRUNE forum on working in China ( same for the 'Sandpit’forums as well!)

5 Likes

Personally in life i am motivated my money , so i could really see myself living and working in China.

2 Likes

Sure. I get it.

2 Likes

Where did you find this? I don’t think I read that in the article I shared…

Fully agreed here. Though money is nice, there are things which are much nicer like family and relatives. Don’t ever let money take over, you’ll just end up working waaaay to much or doing whatever for money, which is obviously not the society we want.

Agree on this point as well. Now I think that aviation is a lot more clear regarding working conditions and agreements than most other industries which is why that research is partly reduced, but still, you always have to do your research, whether it’s (in this case) trying to get a job or buyong an expensive cool tech-product ;)

Now China may be different than the westerly part of the world and I certainly don’t have a lot of insight and experince regarding this point so I am just speaking about myself, and what I think.

3 Likes

Just remember you’ll have to learn Mandarin. Not to fly but to live in China and be able to survive.

1 Like

They want already experienced pilots, would be so much better if paid for our training/education too 😂

1 Like

Ow sorry it is not over 100.000 but it was long ago I red that article. I hope you’ll see the words: China and pilot. It is dutch sorry for that.image

1 Like

Didn’t think about the language barrier , so good point. However for 300 000USD tax free , I’m more then willing to learn Mandarin.

1 Like