China Airlines taking names for their A359 from the internet...

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6681774/

Oh well. Hopefully this works out nicely-would be a shame if one of these gorgeous aircraft got stuck with a frankly stupid name.

Since the two links airliners net provides are in Chinese, I have no idea what they say. If any folks out there who can read Chinese can pick the correct link to vote from, please comment the link below

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Next Planey McFace…

11 Likes

One aircraft is going to end up with the name of certain person who began WW2.

2 Likes

exactly what I was thinking

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

@Boeing707… Max Provides translation Services for my friend @Boeing707. Taiwan; China Airlines (Taiwan Daily newspaper ad extract:)

華航 A350 飛行大使系列票選活動
2016 年起中華航空將陸續加入 14 架新飛機「A350」,他們被賦予全新升級「阿… More
Translate from Chinese

China Airlines A350 flight Ambassador Polls Events Series
2016 China Airlines will be added in 14 new aircraft , " A350 " , they were given new upgrade " Amsterdam ", " Vienna " heavy responsibility “Rome” and other European long-distance route !
China Airlines A350 new look , beautiful as the birds swoop posture , increase high-ceilinged space , temperature and humidity control wisdom , from the chair seat increase , widening … and other new seat comfortable interior, will allow passengers to enjoy the experience Even better long journey ! China Airlines A350 is the most beautiful flight ambassador to Taiwan, with a confident momentum , pride flying thousands of miles in altitude !
Taiwan’s subtropical climate , with abundant natural ecosystems and endemic bird species known around the world . China Airlines decided to use bird species unique to Taiwan to help the New Partnership " A350 " name. Through the assistance of the Chinese Wild Bird Society , the former two new machines will be well received by the people loved Mikado pheasant and Formosan blue magpie named , followed by 12 important task for the new machine name , it is over to you to vote ! End

5 Likes

@Ben_ny… And what orifice or authority did you squeeze that bit of cultural misunderstanding from Benny? The Chinese where the Masters of Asia when your ancestor where living in caves?

1 Like

China connection? How about Gereralisamo Chang Ki Shek Stormy.

That’s Aer Lingus’ plane dush, how could you forget.

(This is not real it was a joke Aer Lingus had on Facebook)

4 Likes

I vote Helen. Helen sounds cool.

There names are better than Boaty McBoatface!

Apparently it says choose 3 birds below and post them on facebook and the three with most votes/pictures wins and gets the bird name as the A350’s name.

I’d chose mikado (for those of you into trains :) )

Hey! RENFE here! :)

Unfortunely, not only the name. But, the livery tho. It would become like this
:(
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=132387349&postcount=2329

I guess we can call it 公雞 (Rooster) 😂

2 Likes

At least it looks good

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.