Check in message with planned altitude

Hello!

Today I’m requesting a change for the check in message when having initial contact with a radar frequency.

In my opinion it would be fantastic if the check in message would include the altitude the pilot has set in the autopilot. This could be done in a phrase like “CallsignXXX with you a 2,200ft climbing to FL350”

This feature would help the controller to anticipate if there will be a conflict between two climbing planes that are on top of each other for example.

Please let me know your opinion on this.

Been thinking about this as well! Great idea, you have my full support!

And when descending it could be like…

“Heathrow Approach, Speedbird 001 with you descending through 12000’ for 9000’”

1 Like

Would you then also need clearance delivery to assign you an initial and final?

1 Like

Clearance delivery of course would help with this but for the time there is no clearance delivery it would just go after the altitude that you set in the autopilot.

2 Likes

Great idea,
IRL ATC can see an aircrafts requested flight level, or RFL on their strip displays.
Would be great if we could file this in the flight plan too!

1 Like

Voted, this would be very nice

1 Like

You have my vote! Amazing idea I like it

1 Like

I liked the idea. You have my support.

1 Like

This is a great feature and improves realism a little in-game. If an aircraft has an incorrect altitude for the heading ATC can tell them to climb to the correct alt. A great idea that has my vote!

2 Likes

This would definitely put an end to all the unnecessary climb requests after takeoff. I may free up a vote, great idea!

1 Like

Nice request, pretty useful! You have my vote.

1 Like