Chart Noise Abatement Question

Hi,

Just a quick question. I’m looking at my Navigraph charts and I see this. image

Now does this mean I shouldn’t use reverse thrust on landing. (Just trying to keep it as realistic as possible).

Thanks y’all 🙂

2 Likes

If you are trying to be as realistic as possible then yes

1 Like

It says “idle reverse thrust” that means you can use reverse thrust just have to leave the engines at idle which is about 20% N1.

4 Likes

Thank you!!

The engines aren’t at idle when using reverse thrust I think

1 Like

There are two settings for reverse thrust there’s the idle reverse and the other that spools the engines to about 82% thrust.

1 Like

Pull the reverse thrust down only a little - not all the way. That should be fine.

2 Likes

Idle never means 0% for an aircraft, realistically if you went 0% (which you can’t that would turn off the engines). so just go around 20 to 40% on the thrust should be fine you always need to use the thrusts

1 Like

Adding on what has been said, IRL (at least on the A320) there is Idle reverse as a predefined setting for the thrust levers and you can move the thrust levers beyond that for more reverse.
As this isn’t really implemented in IF, Idle reverse means minimum reverse in IF, so not full reverse (not 100%, but less N1).

1 Like

Think of idle reverse thrust as putting a car in reverse and releasing the brake. The car will move, but not as much as it would if you were to press the gas pedal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.