CHARLOTTE FNF PROCEDURES 11 September

IMPORTANT FNF INFORMATION FOR ALL

This week’s FNF will take place in the Charlotte region. To provide a more realistic and organized experience, we will begin using IF arrival/departure procedures for the three event airports. For advanced server, PLEASE utilize these procedures and plan for a patient flight. Full ATC will be available to implement these procedures and assist. Failure to follow instructions will lead to ghosting. Recommended you take notes on the procedures based on your desired route or save pictures on a second device.

Let’s keep it realistic, follow the procedures, and don’t forget to give feedback on these new changes!

18 Likes

I love the more realistic approaches/departures listed here!

3 Likes

Sorry to be a pest but what time will this take place? I am on PST time if it matters.

Thanks

Stay tuned for an official FDS post with all event details and times! :) I just want to distribute the procedures early to give everyone a chance to become familiar and flight plan!

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Good I’m getting familiar as I type. I’m anxious this will be my first event and I don’t want to miss it.

Love the extra thought going into this one great job.

1 Like

Way to go, Tyler. This is really great.

2 Likes

Im kind of confused on flight plan

Awesome stuff Tyler. Ask any questions guys if you need help.

Misrael, you will need to plan your flight according to these arrival and departure procedures. By following a standard procedure, the burden is removed form the controller to assign everyone the same altitude and heading. When departing one of the three airports, you simply follow the procedure until you cross the prescribed airport, climbing to the appropriate procedure altitude. From there, center will vector you to your arrival fix for the requested destination. Once given a descent, you will follow the arrival procedure and expect an ILS approach from approach control. If all else fails, follow the leader!

1 Like

Rotate, the goal is to eventually use real SIDS and STARS but we want to keep a level playing field for every level of knowledge. Keeping it simple to start will help give us a foundation to build on as people learn.

5 Likes

This is awesome, bringing the FNF to another level!!

3 Likes

I love this - and look forward to it!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yea keep it simple, I have no clue what either are but I’d love to learn. Is there some articles on the community about these two you can point me to?

(THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO HI JACK)

1 Like

Tonight I expect these airports gonna be busy, Some trial run?

1 Like

@GatwickGuy, I can do a run with you if you want

Pm me

PS, Tyler, great idea to help app/tower controllers

1 Like