Changing who you reply to

if you are replying to a specific person in a thread but you mean to reply to the thread, like in general, is there a way you can change who you can reply to without have to rewrite what you already wrote?

I’m not 100% sure, but if there isn’t you can Just copy and paste what you wrote, delete your reply to the person, make a new reply to the thread and paste in what you originally wrote

2 Likes

You can just copy paste what you wrote.

Actually just found out yes you can. I’m not on my computer right now so I can’t check but if on mobile click the arrow on top left and reply to the topic will come up, select that

(Yes I use light mode. No I won’t pay for your cataract surgery after seeing this.)

7 Likes

Yes I know that I was just curious if there was a way

ah I see it is the same thing on the computer

we are going to have a problem now lol

How the heck have I never noticed that?!

Neither did I until this thread lol

2 Likes

Me neither. But I’m all fairness my eyesight is trash. I have to wear glasses all the time (apart from when I’m sleeping obviously)

Not 100% sure if this is a mod/staff feature, but i can simply change who the reply is directed to by clicking on the “reply” button on the post i wish to change to.

1 Like

Seb, I use this as a TL3 so I’m guessing it’s available to all.

1 Like

Like what’s shown here?

Nope.

Let’s say I start typing a post by clicking the reply button to your post. If i then realize i was supposed to reply to someone elses post… i simply that “Reply” on that post instead.

3 Likes

oh yea true, I’ve made that many times (also applies for hitting the “reply to topic” button)

Yep. And there’s no need to rewrite or anything. One click/tap, done.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.