Changing the feature category

Hey,
Recently I looked some feature request, and I have seen that there are too much and that you loose the overview really fast!

My idea! 💡

Also we just can create feature requests for a new airplane! And then for liverys we can open subtopics even for the liveries!
Here a picture:

I know not the best picture. Also that in the comments you can make livery requests.

How do you think it?

• Yeah it’s a good idea!
  • No, it doesn’t help!

0 voters

12 Likes

I think this is a good idea to keep the forum organised !

10 Likes

Then look how many feature requests there are!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Discourse doesn’t offer this possibility yet.
You could still create a wiki in the main post with links to the various livery requests for the aircraft. :)

7 Likes

I can’t! look how much!
And eventual discourse can make that, then FDS is paying for it! But even I don’t know!

1 Like

My suggestion is to make a topic on Discourse Meta as they are ultimately in control. If it is not yet implemented none of the staff/moderators can do much. Nice idea though

3 Likes

Can you make that? or not?

1 Like

Just make it yourself. You can just copy this post over. Make it slightly more detailed though. I am sure a plugin author will get your setup!

2 Likes

So I contacted them! Thanks for the tip?

3 Likes

It’s a nice idea, but I don’t think it would work on the platform that FDS is using…

4 Likes

Duplicate

1 Like

Could be, but I wrote the team of discourse!

2 Likes

And, why not adding tags ? In our case we can have two or three tags :
• Aircraft
• Livery
( • Useless)

The advantage is that they’re very easy to add !

2 Likes

Just a tip, it may be a duplicate ont his forum, it doesn’t matter if you posted on the discourse forum. 😉

1 Like

MaxSez: You can put a dress on a pig, it’s still a pig! Wanna clean up Features, ban Liveries Pic’s of similar aircraft! A 737 is a 737 no matter who’s flag it wears. Liveries pics are eye candy for the comic book crowd!

2 Likes

How do you mean that? Explain, please

1 Like

Awesome idea! This will definitely keep the forum more organised!

1 Like

It’s very easy to understand, please check this topic :

As you can see at the top near the category, we have the appropriate tag. For our community we can have (•Livery or • Airplane)

[Personal experience : I have enabled this feature on my community and it helps a lot ! When we don’t need to create a new category because the differences aren’t very important, we create tags and it’s very useful!]

1 Like

This is a good idea! Would definitely help keep the forum neat and tidy.

1 Like

What for a community do you have ? Just to look!