Changes for Grade 3

Here is the new and updates changes for Grade 3:

The 90 day landing count has been reduced from 30 to 15

The 90 day flight time requirement has been reduced from 15 to 10

6 Likes

Interesting. At the same time it’s gonna take a bit to get used to but I really don’t think this is a good idea. Yesterday incident explained why it was the wya it was 😂 I’ll post a video of a unlisted YouTube video of what happened later…

1 Like

Expert is for “Dedicated” Users but these stats someone can get grade 3 in a matter of like 1-2 days at most. 30 landings in 90 days, isn’t hard and shows some dedication, and same with the flight time but oh well🤷🏻‍♂️

13 Likes

Yeah, I think they should have kept them strict

4 Likes

Very happy about these changes as the landing limit was (and still is) much tougher than real life limits and a big challenge at times!

2 Likes

I honestly don’t think this is a good change. Even with the stricter requirements, there was still trolls on ES and now there will be even more people who won’t take it seriously. 30 landings in 90 days isn’t that hard, I have 192 landings in the past 90 days and I haven’t been flying every day. Why is the 90 day flight time so low in the first place? Why is it now only 10? It isn’t that hard to get a couple of flights in to get those 15 hours, you don’t need to fly that much. In the past 90 days I have 430hr’s of Flight Time. I think they should put it back to where it was before this little change

1 Like

I’m conflicted on this. On one hand, I understand that life can get in the way of this but on the other hand there should be strict requirements to enter the Expert Server. It kinda makes sense that a pilot would need to do a few touch and goes on TS before rejoining ES after a long time away. (That’s what I did at YVR the other day :)

1 Like

I’m having trouble deciding whether I like this change or not. On one hand I understand that life can get in the way and it will ease the stress of pilots, but on the other hand there should be strict requirements to enter the Expert Server as it’s called “Expert” for a reason. I honestly feel that trolling will start to become a thing again as a result of this. I hope I’m wrong, but only time will tell.

1 Like

I agree with you. In my opinion the qualifications could of even been increased a little.

2 Likes

I typically stay pretty neutral with stuff like this on the IFC but to be honest, I don’t agree with it and I’m surprised they changed it with people constantly complaining about poor ES behavior, now there’s going to be more inexperienced pilots flying on ES😕

3 Likes

I’m a grade 4 pilot and I love how the ES club tries to keep their club exclusive; its like a little kids’ exclusive treehouse club…ugh.

I feel like they want to please the most people while disregarding the problems of the player base spending a lot of time on the Expert Server.

If the number of pilots on the ES rise, the annoying minority rises…

I’m probably the only person happy. I just don’t enjoy infinite flight enough to play more than once or twice a month.

This makes it so I can fly in the expert server, even though I hardly fly any.

IFC: The ES is way too immature, rules need to be changed!
Infinite Flight: We hear ya! Let’s make it harder to access
IFC: These new rules make it wayyy to hard to fly on ES, this is a sim not real life!
Infinite Flight: O-Okay…let’s lower the requirements to make you happy
IFC: These new requirements are WAY to easy, the ES should be realistic
Me: image

13 Likes

Just saying, as I posted earlier today, I’m happy that the requirements are now 10 and 15 respectively. I understand that people think only dedicated users should be able to access the expert server - after all, dedication usually correlates to experience and knowledge of the environment. I realize I’m in a minority, but for a case like me, I have had 14 violations across 5+ years of live and never been ghosted. Seemed a little extreme that I should rarely be able to access the expert server just because I don’t always have time to get a large amount of pattern work and a long haul in (I know sometimes I’d rather use the time I do have for Infinite Flight to take a nice short-haul in IFATC controlled Europe instead of just more patternwork).

For those saying that 30 landings and 15 hours in 90 days was “easy” - that’s great, I wish, but wait until you have college coursework or a fulltime job, then see how your schedule works if you still want to have a social life etc. Yes I suppose you can get a ton of landings in 10 minutes at Edwards, but that kind of defeats the purpose if you don’t do an actual five minute, real-life pattern at a Delta airfield. Anyway, I’m happy for the change and hopefully will be returning to the expert server shortly.

6 Likes

Exactly. The same people who were saying “just go to KEDW and do 1 landing a minute” are now saying “but but inexperienced pilots on expert.” Umm, I don’t see how hovering around like a helicopter for 15 extra landings suddenly makes one a proper pilot, lol. And I’ve seen plenty of people with thousands of flight hours acting like idiots. Some are going to fly unprofessionally no matter what. At least this allows those of us who are professional but can’t make the time commitment easier access to expert, which we have more than earned the right to.

Before the changes were implemented in 20.1, we had tons of post (at least a few every few days) complaining about how the grade requirements should be increased.

When it was increased, people were complaining about how high the requirements are.

Now, Infinite Flight has just revised the grade table again, and we have people complaining about how the requirements are too low.

So… what do you want them to do?

3 Likes

It should be the hard requirements tbh

1 Like

This community seems to love to disagree with everything just for the sake of arguing. I for one am glad to see this change.

1 Like

I was happy with the one before this (20.1). It was a slight change (to me)