Change DCA ATC to say "Washington Tower"

A simple feature request that I hope can be implemented in a future update. Right now, when you call the tower at DCA, the ATC spits out “Ronald Reagan Tower.” In reality, pilots say “Washington Tower.”

Without getting political-no locals call it Reagan Airport, only out of town folks do.

You can see on the FAA diagram the name “Washington Tower.”

I think @Aviation108 would support this, I’m out of votes though!

1 Like

A simple change for realism, I definitely support this! 😉

1 Like

I support 100%

1 Like

Put in a simple request with IFAET, they’re responsible for changes on this front and a feature request isn’t needed :)

2 Likes

I’ve alerted the team of your request. It should be possible since we can change the name of the frequencies.

That said, if I recall correctly, the ground and tower frequencies are taken from the airport name in-game. In this case, Ronald Regan. This may be the reason why you are encountering this “issue.”

We will keep you updated. 👍

2 Likes

In the airport schematic, the ground and tower frequencies are both named “Washington Ground / Washington Tower”.

2 Likes

I believe it was flagged due to providing incorrect/off-topic information (which you did). I wasn’t the one who flagged it, though, so I can’t be sure.

You can PM @moderators for further information.

1 Like

The post you linked was a tutorial showing people how to change their in game pronunciations whereas the topic here is seeking for a change in the actual tower name. That’s why I flagged your post as off topic. 🙂

3 Likes