Chance of Spawning with a Special Livery

I agree, they may have alot of special liverys just sitting around waiting to be implemented, time will tell.

1 Like

I love this idea but unfortunately I’m outta Votes :(

1 Like

Its a cool idea, but I already saw about 10-15 AF1/Space Shuttle/dat one with Satellite flying together, applying a point on an idea but not on another one is kinda not satisfying my brain, so, Nah, I wont vote for this.

Also there are more important things to focus on than this.

umm…I’m not exactly sure what you’re talking 'bout there…

2 Likes

Very interesting idea.

But then we’d have people spawning in again and again trying to get a special livery.

Maybe a setting to turn this feature off? (If it were implemented)

1 Like

yep, I had the same thought, so I added this ;)

This is actually a very interesting idea. Would other people be able to spawn with the livery as well or only one person per server? I can see people quitting and respawning until they got the livery, so maybe you should add a buffer to prevent this from happening. Other than that, great idea! You have my vote.

3 Likes

Thanks for your support!

About this, I’m not exactly sure. Honestly, I think it will be very rare that two people will have the same special livery (I mean, they need to choose the same aircraft, livery, AND get lucky with the same special livery).

I added a little note about this at the bottom of the OP ;)

2 Likes

I was honestly not expecting even 20 votes on this. Thanks for your support! 😁

1 Like

Well being able to pick any livery you want is just as unrealistic as you flying DC10 or MD11 pass her variants so I see no point to this.

1 Like

On that 3 spawns a minute, that is kind of a lot. I almost think 2 spawns every five minutes is a lot. Though I’m still gonna vote for this because it is a really good idea!

2 Likes

I have to agree.
If you’re gonna add the liveries anyway, why only make it so that 2% of the time you can use it? You either add it or you don’t.

1 Like

I personally don’t like the idea as in my opinion there are things that need to be done more than this and the development time would be long for something like this.

Thanks
Bo

1 Like

I get what you are saying, but even though I have mentioned realism in the op, I think another big reason why I/others would love it is the surprise factor or just feeling special/lucky. I know that IF isn’t about making you feel special, but it’s one of those small things that make the experience better.

Also, I understand what you are saying too, @nicochile2 . But when you say “add it or don’t add it”, technically they are adding it. But as you said, only a small percent can fly it. The point is to make them as special as they are in real life. I’m sure no one wants to see a bunch of ANA Star Wars livery aircraft together which is what would happen if you could spawn with it as per your wish. Keep em one of a kind in real world and IF.

Either way, both of those were valid points, and we all have our opinions 😀
Thanks for your view on this 👍

As realism police sheriff, I completely understand. But if you’re going to add the livery, why would you only add it 2% of the time?

1 Like

😂 just to keep it as special as it is in real life. Yes from a developers point of view, they have made something and don’t want it to go unseen, making it feel like a waste. But in my opinion, it would definitely not be a waste, as being able to fly one would be more of an honor. They’ve added a livery that would get a lot of attention if spotted at our virtual airports.

2 Likes

I don’t think this should be implement. There are plenty of special liveries that are absolutely beautiful and I would love to fly them. To use your example, if I were to spawn 100 times in a Quatar 777 I would only be able to fly the special one 26 times. There are special liveries that are even more rare. I would want to be able to fly those special liveries and I think leaving it up to random chance would defeat what I think is the best part of flight simulators, the ability fly aircraft and especially aircraft that are not operated anymore, and the same is true for liveries. But that’s my 2 cents, and it’s ultimately up to the devs.

1 Like

That’s a very good feature! I gave you my vote!

1 Like

So say the select few who does get to use the special livery happens to do a long haul say 15-20 hours. Others would have to wait till they complete their flights before they have a chance to randomly get selected?..I like the idea you propose but at the same time it would take time and possibly turn people away if they only fly certain aircraft’s for that specific livery

1 Like

I made a special livery request once…

The only feedback I got from it was that it would be too hard to implement these Liveries since they are hard to not copyright…

Great idea though, got my vote!

2 Likes