Challenges

Do you like challenges? Like landing at really hard-to-land airports. Do you have something that might challenge us all? Please post below!

2 Likes

I like doing challenges, I don’t know any good examples but do know I’ve landed a heavy c-130 in Lukla. (Hope that counts).

4 Likes

For @dush19 every landing is a challenge

13 Likes

That’s amazing! Thanks for replying!

1 Like

I don’t really do difficult aircraft like the one mentioned above in Lukla but I like trying difficult approaches. A few ones I can recommend are:

• The IF-wide-famous WMBT, though with the release of global it’s gone somewhat obsolete
  • Toncontin Airport (MHTG)
  • Lukla, obviously
  • A lot of alpine airports in Switzerland are very fun to attempt an approach into
5 Likes

OPCH is challenge airport

Madeira airport in real life is a challenge but in infinite flight I find it a normal landing

It’s really fun to try the real-life approach into Madeira. Especially a few weeks ago when I controlled there and it got very busy, it was a great feeling and quite different from other airports I’ve controlled.

For anyone curious about how to attempt it in IF, here’s a well written guide: Approaching RWY 05 and landing in LPMA - Madeira

1 Like

I challenge someone to land at TNCS (Saba) using a 737-800.

3 Likes

Fly from Singapore to San Francisco.

I like to attempt landings without fuel. Key is to open the landing gears at the very last moment possible to reduce drag.

1 Like

SD77 is a fun challenge due to incorrect terrain:

3 Likes

Try “impossible” maby… 😂

1 Like

Call me weird, but I just love landings whare you have to fly over other parts of the airport. Like taxiways, runways. Parking spots. I just think it is fun for sone reason. Esspecialy at a busy airport if there is someone there…

3 Likes

No! I love them too. Like 16L as YSSY or 22R at EKCH.

1 Like

It’s doable in fighters not sure about anything else.

1 Like

The one at. Sidney I love too, I have not tried EKCH though…

The nearest airport is called “KRAP”, which explains my reaction after I failed to make it out using a F-22.

2 Likes

I remember WMBT from pre-global! That was a fun airport to fly in and out of!

Still one of my favs but my favourite one has to be Paro (VQPR)

1 Like

@Freddiefrogs I have successfly made it out of SD77 after numerous tries :’)

The A-10 is unstoppable!

2 Likes