Challenger 350 Tracking Thread

Welcome to the Challenger 350 Tracking Thread!

Development ProgressFAQs

This thread is made for updates regarding the development of the Challenger 350 Update. Please enjoy this thread and avoid speculation and/or off-topic remarks! This thread is maintained and edited by our TL3 members, staff & moderators.

There is no planned or mentioned release date for the Challenger 350

Challenger 350 Development Progress

Confirmed Liveries

No confirmed liveries at the moment.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Frequently Asked Questions

Will <insert random feature here> be included with the Challenger 350?

The only information that confirms whether something will or will not be added will be from Infinite Flight’s official social media. Until then, features in this update are unknown.

If you would like a feature to be added in future Infinite Flight updates, search in the #features category to see if a feature request has been created. If someone else has already requested this feature, give that topic a vote and show your support for that feature on that topic. If nobody else has requested that feature yet, you are welcome to create a well-thought-out and detailed #features request for it. While not the sole factor in decisions, our great staff team is always watching the #features category to see what the community wants. Please refrain from asking for a certain feature in this thread.

Note: you must be TL2 to post a topic in the #features category

When will this update be?

Active development is underway, and will be released when the aircraft is in a state to be released to the general public. Please see below regarding the Challenger progress:

It has been mentioned that the Challenger 350 will not arrive in 2022. It has also been made clear that it will arrive after the release of the Embraer 190 as that aircraft is still in development, or was in development at the time of writing this.

Why are you building the Challenger 350 and not simply reworking the Cessna Citation X?

The Challenger 350 will offer as a replacement for the Cessna Citation X. That said, it has been mentioned and noted from staff that upon the release of the Challenger 350, the Cessna Citation will be removed. For those that have been around for sometime, they will be conducting the same process that they did with the Super Decathlon and the XCub. Instead of reworking the “Super D” it was favored to replace it with something more commonly used in today’s world, one that had some more “tech” to it and one that had easily accessible resources.

Infinite Flight staff have mentioned that they were in the search for a new and more up to date business jet. Given the overall age of the Cessna Citation X and access to data, Infinite Flight determined that it was in a well suited position to utilize data, images, and resources that they have easier access to for this development. It has also been mentioned that the Challenger will offer a vast selection of operators from all around the world. The Challenger 350 also ticked off the boxes that Infinite Flight was looking for and feels that this move will be welcomed by the community.

How will my device handle the new features?

Infinite Flight is working hard to ensure everyone can enjoy this new content. Quality settings will allow users to reduce the number of airport objects visible to adapt to their device performance. Overall, it is believed that users won’t have a hard time running this update on their devices. More information will be made available as the update gets closer to release.

This model/feature doesn’t look right. Can you fix it?

While features are in testing, the internal Infinite Flight Alpha/Beta testers will be searching for inconsistencies, errors, bugs and everything in between. While these features are in development, anything posted on Infinite Flights Social Media isn’t set in stone and it may get corrected before the public release. That being said, if you find any inconsistencies, feel free to comment on this thread or private message one of our staff members or moderators and they will happily address any issues that you may find.

Why haven’t we seen a teaser from Infinite Flight in awhile regarding the Challenger 350?

While Infinite Flight strives to provide us with sneak peeks of the new aircraft; they have lives too and while things are still in the development/testing stage, some things are not ready to be shown to the public yet. Also - what’s the fun in ruining all of the surprises!

Why is this topic closed?

If you happen to stumble upon this topic being closed, it is due to the fact that our community needed a cooldown due to their sheer overexcitement for the Challenger 350. This topic is opened when new information is available. It is then closed sometime after to ensure that the conversation is relevant and targeted. Within this timeframe, please refrain from posting another likewise topic about the update and its features. Moderators will typically set a topic timer to automatically close the topic from anywhere between 8-12hrs.

Why did my reply get deleted?

While community engagement is always encouraged, your post may have been deleted because it was flagged or it was removed directly by our Moderation Team for being off-topic, misleading, silly, unnecessary, or just plain rude. Make sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting and always ensure that your post can contribute to the active on-topic discussion of the Challenger 350!

I saw some additional pictures shared on the #WIP channel in Discord, am I allowed to share those?

Great question! You are more than welcome to share them if you choose to do so. One of the perks of being in the Discord Server is that early access or privileged viewing of WIP shots that others won’t have the opportunity to see, so if you don’t want to share them with others here on the Community, then that’s totally fine!

33 Likes

32 Likes

First cockpit render? 👀

Beautiful, looks great

I can’t wait for this!! 😆

interesting

This is totally gonna be me once I get my hands on that console:
BongoCatTypingGIF
Looks amazing!

1 Like

Looking amazing! Glad to see a tracking thread for this aircraft finally

Of course you created this! Excited to see the development of a new GA plane!

2 Likes

Finally! I will be able to fly at FL480 without looking weird in a CitationX

3 Likes

The challenger is such a beauty

Saw N824DP on Sunday before flying solo

1 Like

some pics we already have with the discord server

for those who don’t know

15 Likes

Second plane being reworked/developed that @DeerCrusher has flown. Starting to see a pattern… 👀 He’s gonna have to get a type rating on the a380 next 😂

9 Likes

Lets get him on the C-17! Jokes aside, the Challenger is lookin good so far.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 10 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.