CF-18 Crash in Cold Lake, Alberta

Sad to report the crash of a Canadian Forces CF-18 during a training mission in Cold Lake, Alberta. Unfortunately the pilot died in the crash. Details are still coming out. May the pilot, Captain Thomas McQueen, rest in peace. Lets keep the pilot and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

https://twitter.com/RCAF_ARC

15 Likes

Very unfortunate, may the pilot rest in peace

3 Likes

Just another reason to prove that the Canadian Military needs newer planes.

2 Likes

It’s not yet know as to what the cause was so don’t speculate. If it was due to that do you have an article?

2 Likes

Uh…literally less then a week ago the government announced that they would buy Boeing Super Hornets to replace the ageing CF-18’s. This further proves that my resolution is to stay.

1 Like

But still after a tragedy like this why would you even say something like that.And you have no idea of the cause yet is malfunction certainly possible yes but lets wait till the cause is determined to say stuff like this :)

5 Likes

I’m not saying it in a negative matter. I mean of course this is sad, did I ever say that I don’t care about what happened?

1 Like

The statement came off as a bit insincere by focusing on the government procurement. I understand where you’re coming from, but theres a time and a place to bash the government.

2 Likes

When did I bash the government? You’re making it seem that I’m completely negative, I already told you I’m not.

2 Likes

His point is we don’t know what caused the crash. Your jumping to conclusions that it’s the old aircrafts fault. It may well have been the pilot was drunk, or he got knocked out, ran out of fuel. You can’t determine the cause so soon

3 Likes

I said that could be the reason, I’m saying that the government did right by buying new aircraft, to ensure the safety of our air force.

2 Likes

This is sad 😔

2 Likes

The name of the pilot was just released. Captain Thomas McQueen on Hamilton, ON. May he rest in peace.

What a horrible incident. My thoughts and prayers go out to the poor family.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.