Cessna 400 (TTx)

Cessna 400 (Marketed as Cessna TTx)

The Cessna 400 is one of the most used propeller propelled GA aircraft in North America. For the purpose of this features request, I’m going to call it the Cessna TTx, or simply the TTx.

Some facts about the TTx

Built by the best engineers for businesspeople, the TTx is built to fill the midway point between turboprops like the C208 and jet-powered aircraft. With a maximum range of 1,270 NM, it allows businesspeople to go from Point A to Point B without having to deal with the troublesome security at airports.

The plane offers ease of access to all pilots. Offering a fully touchscreen GTC 570 touch-screen controller and Garmin G2000 Avionics, the combination of the display size and the touchscreen makes the pilot experience very easy, and to be honest, quite enjoyable. I’ve gotten the honor to fly this plane with my flight instructor a few years ago, and I was amazed by how easy it was to fly it.

Aircraft Specifications

DIMENSIONS
Length - 25 ft 2 in (7.68 m)
Height - 9 ft (2.74 m)
Wingspan - 36 ft (10.97 m)
Wing Area - 141 sq ft (13.12 sq m)
WEIGHTS
Maximum Takeoff Weight - 3,600 lb (1,633 kg)
Maximum Landing Weight - 3,420 lb (1,551 kg)
Maximum Zero Fuel Weight - 3,300 lb (1,497 kg)
Usable Fuel Weight - 612 lb (278 kg)
Usable Fuel Volume - 102 gal (386 l)
Basic Empty Weight - 2,535 lb (1,150 kg)
Useful Load - 1,065 lb (483 kg)
Maximum Payload - 765 lb (347 kg)
Full Fuel Payload - 453 lb (205 kg)
PERFORMANCE
Maximum Cruise Speed - 235 ktas (435 km/h)
Maximum Range - 1,270 nm (2,352 km)
Takeoff Distance - 1,900 ft (579 m)
Service Ceiling 25,000 ft (7,620 m)
Maximum Climb Rate 1,400 fpm (427 mpm)
Stall Speed 60 kcas (111 km/h)

As always, you get your picture credits.

Why is the TTx so popular?

Due to the price, speed, range, and comfort of the TTX makes it one of the best options for those who have a small budget, but want a lot of plane. Also, with the simplistic cockpit it has, it makes it look a lot easier to fly to those who are buying.

Why should it be added to IF?

Well, I want it added for a few reasons. I feel that currently, IF is lacking the GA variety that is currently there for airliners. GA aircraft are underestimated in their capabilities, and being a pilot, it is definitely something I want to see more of.

The plane itself is an amazing plane, with the look and feel of a true GA aircraft. With the range it has, the speed it can go to, and the cruising altitude of the plane, it is something I’m sure I, along with thousands of others in IF, would fly.

Thank you so much for reading this #features request! Be sure to hit that Vote button in the top left corner if you enjoy this plane and want to see it in IF!

I really love this aircraft! You’ve got my vote! :)

1 Like

Also, don’t forget to vote for your own feature request. ;)

Great feature request, you’ve got my vote!

2 Likes

I don’t see it coming in the next month as it’s kinda a SR22
I’ve got nothing against it but dev team is always searching for diversity correct me if I’m wrong and reworks seem to come first…
(sounds like a liners fan revenge)

You get my support!

1 Like

We need more planes like these, you have my vote!

1 Like

Thank you to all of those who voted quickly for this topic! It really means a lot to me.

4 Likes

Personal opinion, it’s a bit ugly. Also we do have the Cirrus right now. I feel as if there are some other lovely GA aircraft that could use attention in IF that are unique other than this. An example could be tail dragged aircrafts or a rework to the aerobatic plane. But if everyone else wants it I’m not putting you down 🤪 just my opinion.

1 Like

It looks exactly like the SR22. Some engineering Cessna did 🙄

1 Like

I’m going to have to agree that it looks like a SR22. However, one thing’s for sure. It doesn’t perform like one, and I can assure you of it. The TTx is an extremely reliable aircraft in real life, which makes it even more popular than the SR22.

I know I’m going to offend a lot of people here so… if the A330 is so popular in the real world and should get a rework, why shouldn’t this get added? GA forever!

Well, they are planes. You’re always going to have a similar design with planes, because the aeronautical performance always comes first.
But, yea, this looks extremely similar.

I understand that, but look at this photo:

Credit

https://generalaviationnews.com/2016/08/25/cirrus-sr22t-vs-cessna-ttx/

They look almost identical, the only major difference I see is the TTx’s tail is blockier while the 22 is curvier.

2 Likes

See, in real life, the cockpit is the difference. The TTx has the cockpit that the SR22 doesn’t, and I kinda with my plane had more touchscreen things like that.

2 Likes

But the issue is this is an Infinite Flight feature request. The cockpit is personally the least of my worries. Still a no from me.

1 Like

I would much rather see a plane like the PC-12 or King Air than another 4 seat piston.

1 Like

You have got my vote!

This aircraft looks like the future of General Aviation! I’m going to clear up my vote just for this aircraft :)

Can we reach 60 votes to get the developers attention?