Cessna 208 Rework

While it may not seem old from a quick glance, the Cessna 208 is as old as the C-17. The cockpit needs work, and after seeing the opening doors on the MD-11, DC-10, and upcoming CRJ, that would be lovel on this aircraft. I want this aircraft reworked because I believe that several things would make it better.

1. Opening rear doors
  2. A high definition cockpit
  3. More liveries

I recently flew it and realized that the cockpit is worse than on most of the other aircraft currently in game.

The Cessna 208 fits a niche on IF as the only non jet aircraft currently between the Cessna 172 and CRJ 200. It also can be used both privately and commercially. Do you want this aircraft reworked? Hit the big “vote” button.

Absolutely!! Turboprops/GA are neglected :(

18 Likes

I don’t see a need for rework, sorry. I fly this often and works just fine but needs More liveries

10 Likes

Well Laura did say a turboprop aircraft is in the works

6 Likes

Ehhhh… not entirely correct. There’s “Private 1” & “Private 2”. You can also use “Westwind” as a third private livery.

BUT

As one of the few older aircraft in the Infinite Flight Fleet, the Cessna is one of my all time favorite aircraft. I wouldn’t mind seeing this aircraft reworked sometime down the road. After seeing what FDS is capable, I’m sure this one would see its day on the drawing board.

In my opinion, I wouldn’t want to see the flight model changed too much because its probably one of the more stable aircraft we have for its size. Although we are missing a Mokulele Airlines livery. That would complete the list of Hawaii based airlines.

27 Likes

Oops! I saw the liveries after I wrote it, then forgot I’d written it. Thanks for letting me know!

6 Likes

I agree, GA is definitely neglected. I did a 208 flight a few days ago for the first time in quite some time and really enjoyed it. If it’s reworked up to FDS’s 2018 standards, it would greatly improve the flight experience!

5 Likes

It dosent look that bad i kinda like the cockpit.

3 Likes

I don’t see the need for it right now. It’s cockpit is about on par with the A330/A340 and those need a lot more attention IMO. Plus, with the supposed new GA turboprop coming, the GA section will get some more attention, and maybe once we have a large offering there, maybe the 208 can be reworked. Just my .02 cents.

4 Likes

Awesome request! Was going to do a livery request for the C208.

6 Likes

Negative. That cockpit is the cockpit of the grand Caravan EX. That 208 has the G1000 in it. Although the 208 in IF doesn’t fly too well compared to the real one, the cockpit is quite similar just no 3D switch’s or things of that nature. The 208 is one of the best GA planes in my opinion and I would love to see it reworked.

3 Likes

I meant that it was really low quality in terms of resolution

7 Likes

Definitely. It’s not good In terms of resolution but it’s actually very accurate in terms of switch’s and buttons and little things just all of them are very low resolution.

3 Likes

The only improvement I’d like to see is an illuminated instrument panel for night flights (much like the Dash8). Other than that, I think it’s great. This is one of my favorite planes to fly.

4 Likes

The interior 3D model is not nice either!

4 Likes

I figured if @Cbro4 gave this thread a s/o on his, I should do the same. If you want a livery, just make a feature request. The 208 could use some more. (so could almost every aircraft though)

8 Likes

Bumping this one up just because of the cockpit (and because I made the request)

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessary, I won’t vote in this time

2 Likes

Totally support this!

7 Likes

with if posible a new propeller imagery like the Dash-8,
something more realistic

4 Likes