Cessna 185

(photo owned by Rusty Air)

The Cessna 185

This beautiful fixed wing aircraft is a single engine, six seater tail dragger. It first flew as a prototype in July 1960, with the first production model completed in March 1961. The Cessna 185 is a high-winged aircraft with non-retractable gear and a tailwheel.
The 185 is a 180 with a strength fuselage, a larger vertical fin, and a larger engine with a 300hp IO-520. While still used all over the world for both private and business it has shared it’s time in armed forces, operating as U-17s.

The 185 would be a perfect fit for Infinite Flight since it’s a single engine, general aviation, tail dragger which we do lack. Adding more general aviation aircraft gives pilots the ability to get into smaller airports, off site landings ect.

Specification of the C185

One Pilot
Six passengers
Length 25ft 9in
Wingspan 35ft 10in
Height 7ft 9in
Empty weight 1,748lbs
Gross weight 3,350lbs
engine Continental IO-520 producing 300 horsepowers
Prop: Two or three bladed constant speed prop (I like the 3 blade personally)

Cruising 145 knots
Stall speed 90 knots
Range 720 nm

I think we need to get more practical and well known GA aircraft like a Piper Cub or a Vans RV-12 before we implement other aircraft that are not well known. But hey, thats just my opinion.

1 Like

Dang this would be a lovely new GA aircraft in the sim!

2 Likes

I agree that’s why the 185 would be a perfect fit. It’s a well known GA aircraft that’s still used for Bush flying all over the world and for private use.

1 Like

Agreed! Be nice see more Bush style aircraft

1 Like

Maybe it is, It never seemed like it is a well known aircraft though.