Cessna 172

Hello everybody, I have some issues taking off with the Cessna 172, when I rotate the aircraft I start to lose speed and I can’t do my flight, what should I do?

2 Likes

Rotate slower and don’t try to climb too fast :)

8 Likes

Hmmm, so is it immediately on rotation?

1 Like

Yes, I can’t stay at least one minute in the air

That’s what I do ☹️

Rotate at a faster speed, rotate slower, and don’t climb to fast. Early rotations are one of the most common causes of low altitude stalls

2 Likes

Ok, so rotate at around 65kts, pitch up really slowly and smoothly, don’t let you’re vertical speed over +1000FPM, if you stall, lower the nose. Do NOT attempt to maintain runway heading if in a stall, even if IFATC are present. Correct me if I am wrong any IFATCs.

3 Likes

Try to takeoff with a decent amount of flaps, however decreasing them as your speed gradually increases so you can get a higher rate of climb

2 Likes

Very good point

A lot of the time IFATC aren’t present at light aircraft allowed airports, so it doesn’t really matter

Thank you very much!

1 Like

No worries mate! ;)

Tyler gives you some tips on how to fly the 172 in the two videos below. I know, it’s not an official tutorial video on how to actually fly it, but he mentions some great advice. :)

1 Like

Thank you 😃

1 Like

That’s a great idea, thanks 😄

2 Likes

No worries, mate! Glad to help ;)

1 Like

Thank you for your help 😃

When I fly the 172 IRL I like to keep it very shallow and close to the ground until I build enough speed (for the sake of a departure stall). There’s nothing wrong with staying in ground effect till you have that airspeed to get you out if you have enough runway with no obstacles after rotation. Otherwise listen to what was said above - it’s great advice. Keep that power on full too! :)

1 Like

55 IAS is always working for me

1 Like

As what the admin said rotate slower but in general its a one engine aircraft so it tends to be slow.

1 Like