Cessna 172 Takeoff Issues

Hello all,
I recently started using the Cessna 172 for doing touch and goes (gotta get those landings in). The aircraft worked out fine the first few times I used it, but then it started turning weird during takeoff. What would happen is that I would start my takeoff roll, and when I reached 40-50 knots KIAS, the aircraft would suddenly make a hard turn (usually to the right). There was no crosswind and I was not messing with my device in order for it to do that. This made it hard to takeoff in the Cessna. Please let me know what you think (and before you say delete, restart, and reinstall I have tried that already). Thanks!

1 Like

Hello!
That’s normal for all single prop driven aircraft due to some technical engine stuff I can search up and link, apply rudder to correct as needed :)

2 Likes

Has this only recently started happening? That seems very much like the Cessna though might I say.

1 Like

Yes, it was fine for the first few times I did touch and goes.

1 Like

This happens to me yesterday. In fact I think I saw you. I think it’s just the high wind speeds.

1 Like

GA aircraft are always harder to fly that the bigger airliners

1 Like

What were the winds speeds like?

10 knot headwinds on the takeoff runway.

In any wind like that the Cessna can go crazy, perhaps there was a sudden wind change or something. I don’t think it’s an issue with the app but just the way that aircraft is. The big airliners are far easier to fly for this reason.

1 Like

P-factor and propellers
See above :)

I doubt it was the p factor I assume it was the wind :)

I’m going to try and takeoff in a Cessna see what happens. I do notice they veer though.

Thanks. Do you think that IF has physics like this in the game? And also the article talked about turning left, not right.

1 Like

It defiantly turns right for me two. I ended up loseing control on the runway.

1 Like

Maybe a dev could answer this question.

1 Like

Here you are :) no rudder input then drastic correction.

The video
It may not be the p factor but veering is normal

1 Like

I just tested it with the same wind speeds. It does turn to the right but it’s defiantly the winds flat as I had no problems without it.

My video shows Cessna veering left. Right maybe was wind

OK, thanks for the video. I still am curious if the devs added this on purpose. But the big problem for me was that I could not control the plane with the rudder, as I was turning too hard. So this leads me to think that maybe it was a combination of p factor and wind.

2 Likes

We can wait, I know seb or support peeps are lurking around somewhere;)

1 Like