Cessna 172 Rework

Given that the Cessna 172 is the starter aircraft in IF, it definitely needs a rework, however the developers currently have their sights on other aircraft. Maybe after the CRJ rework we will get a rework of Infinite Flight’s GA aircraft.

5 Likes

Ive just started flying the 172 again - it’s a great aircraft, I can simulate my real life training aircraft. I love flying (in Infinite flight) around YMRY with it - my local airport. I think it really deserves a rework - it shouldn’t take too much ;) Deserves my vote!

5 Likes

That’s what we hope. It seems like they’ve got smaller and smaller:

MD/11 DC/10 then it went to the CRJ next hopefully we get GA aircraft after that… such as the C172 rework 😉

4 Likes

Lets not forgot that the SR-22 has such flimsy toothpick like landing gear that in any moderate breeze it will tip over like a drunk sailor in a lifeboat…unless you have practiced it a lot in windy conditions…so that needs to addressed too !!!

6 Likes

Remember, bigger isn’t always better.

2 Likes

I think the Civil Air Patrol livery would look awesome in IF!

3 Likes

I’m going to be bumping this back up but with some important stats and possible liveries.

Approved to be bumped by @DeerCrusher

Possible Features Included in the Rework:

• 3D Cockpit
  • 3D pilots
  • Wingflex
  • Interactive Doors (Doors can open and Close)
  • Realistic Takeoff, cruise, and landing rework (more info on the bottom)

Cessna 172 stats:

• Cruise speed: 122 knots (140 mph; 226 km/h)
  • Stall speed: 47 knots (54 mph; 87 km/h) (power off, flaps down)
  • Never exceed speed: 163 knots (188 mph; 302 km/h) (IAS)
  • Range: 696 nm (801 mi; 1,289 km) with 45 minute reserve, 55% power, at 12,000 ft
  • Service ceiling: 13,500 ft (4,100 m)
  • Wingspan: 36′ 0″

Possible Liveries:

• Red and Blue
  • Green and Gold
  • Generic (current livery)
  • Old School (unique color scheme) example:9492H

Credit to South Albany Airport

• Yellow and White

For the Realistic Takeoff, Cruise, and Landing Rework:
The main reason why we need this update is due to the issue with takeoff, cruise and landing. Since the aircraft is a very old model on Infinite Flight, their have been some issues with flap settings, and climb. The aircraft has the following main issues:

1. Flap settings: Unfortunately the Cessna 172 on Infinite Flight has a big issue with the flap settings. You see in real life when you set your flaps to 0 degrees it reduces drag and helps your aircraft speed up. In the Cessna 172 in Infinite Flight, when you set the flaps to 0 degrees the aircraft begins to lose air speed, but when you set it to 25 degrees, you’ll actually gain airspeed (these all apply in a climb, cruise, and landing scenario).

2. Climb: An issue that isn’t so big but is still a bit of an inconvenience. I’ve flown on Cessna 172’s irl, and usually we start off with a climb of about 700 FPM, then after climbing to about 4,000 feet we climb at about 500 FPM, following that once we hit around 9,000 feet we went down to between 200-300 FPM then we leveled off at 11,000 feet. The issue here, is that in Infinite Flight, once you hit about 7,000 feet, you need to be at 300 FPM then at 9,000 you need to be at 100FPM.

Please consider voting on this topic if you want a more realistic GA experience.

12 Likes

I think we should around 10 and 15 diferent liveries on the 172, and the same for the cirrus

1 Like

I would love to see a rework!! GA4Life! 😉

3 Likes

I 100% agree, I hope I’ve convinced people with my more in depth comment.

1 Like

I would literally love this some much as the Cessna 172 is a very popular aircraft around the world, and is in need of a desperate rework, the Cessna 172 is among one of my favorite aircrafts of all time and I would really like to see it reworked with a bunch of Liveries as well as other cool features. This has my support. Infinite Flight needs to start to focus on GA abit.

1 Like

A rework for an aircraft which maybe half of the community can fly in real life, (the only one we can fly) a student training Aircraft and an aircraft for future Pilots. Yes, a Cessna 172 rework is a great deal!

2 Likes

And bumbing, cause I don’t want this thread to die

4 Likes

As this is the first aircraft one would fly probably, I feel it should be the nicest aircraft in the sim. You got my vote. :)

4 Likes

I don’t really fly it that much, but I guess if it gets reworked I would enjoy it alittle more

3 Likes

bumping this up again this would be a amazing update for out IRL pilots and GA fans

1 Like

Yeah. And more lives with bo whell covers cause that’s what its like irl

So me:):):)

yes and me LOL

We would need live cockpit. Me+ climb out and keeping speed at 80 on speedometer= … to much joy to put in words.