Cessna 172 Electrical

I recently just resubscribed to IF. I never really thought much on what the Cessna contained in the electrical option and the fuel and engine. I also have a few questions.

On the Cessna, is the batteries gonna run out unless you turn on the alternator? If so, how would you tell. Why do you need 2 avionics also? Is the fuel mixture system realistic? Is the ignition and fuel pump realistic?

2 Likes

I’m not very familiar with the cessna, but I know that the mixture it’s modelled and also the batteries. If you don’t turn on them, You can’t see the cockpit screen

It’s pretty much there but you can’t touch everything. If you do the start up procedure’s and the pre take off check list I think you can do most of it. So pretty realistic if you don’t press Auto Start 😉🤗

That is true. Auto start ruins the realism by an infinite amount in my opinion. It basically resets us to the old IF where fuel doesn’t burn and engines start at gate spawn. Also. Where do you suggest I get a checklist for IF?

1 Like

VirtualHub is an app made for IF that has charts for airports, flight planning, TOD, and Taxi, Takeoff, Climb and pretty much all the other checklists. And it’s free.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.