Center Tutorial

Center is an ATC facility responsible for large stretches of airspace, most times at high altitude for the phase of flight between your arrival and departure. Whether acknowledging check in’s, setting the arrival sequence for Approach, or monitoring enroute traffic, Center requires proactive inputs to maintain an orderly airspace!

Pull up a chair at the scope and watch as I show you a few of Center’s key roles and responsibilities! Be sure you also check out the ATC Manual for more on Center’s many intricacies.

Click below to tune in!

thumbnail

123 Likes

Ooh center love the tutorial Tyler! Hats off to the officers controlling it! Cheers!

Cign :)

2 Likes

that is cool! will definitely help me in training server i hope

3 Likes

Awesome tutorial as always! Can’t wait to start controlling center once I have completed my officer training:)

2 Likes

Ah, nice. Another ATC tutorial I see! Thanks Tyler. ;)

2 Likes

This will help me a lot with controlling center frequency!

Thanks Tyler!

3 Likes

Thanks again Tyler for another great tutorial!

3 Likes

Just watched the whole thing. Great tutorial once again, Tyler!

3 Likes

Thanks Tyler! :D alsoooooo my home airport (KLZU) is there!

1 Like

Another incredible tutorial @Tyler_Shelton :)

1 Like

Very well done, thanks!

1 Like

Yay! A new tutorial, great work!

1 Like

Great tutorial as always @Tyler_Shelton :)

I would like it if we get another tutorial for approach from the pilot’s point of view, with the new SID’s and STAR’s.

2 Likes

You’re in luck then! We’ve actually just released many of these covering the full interaction during your Descent and while using VNAV. Head over to our channel to check this out! 🙂

7 Likes

Oh sorry. I haven’t seen these two tutorials. I think the Descent Tutorial is very good!

1 Like

I wish centre was opened more often. It’s such a useful frequency and I actually find it more fun to fly when center is open. Hopefully this tutorial will bring more attention to this wonderful frequency!

1 Like

But not all IFATC are allowed to Control this frequency, but on TS, it will of course bring more attention.

1 Like

Who eles saw this at infiniteflight.com before 20.1?

2 Likes

I love your tutorials Tyler! Thanks for your amazing work!