Center question

Will/ can there be like a period in ES where in center frequency, pilots wont be ghosted for problems. I mean this update just came out today and what if they make a mistake because it is new and they get a ghost?? To me that seems unfair so i am just asking if something like this can happen.

No this didn’t happen to me

There are systems in place to help prevent issues occurring. Not exactly sure about this exact issue

like what?

1 Like

We (IFATC) have been instructed to go easy on violations, other than blatantly obvious ones to give pilots ample time to get accustomed to all the new features, as we are doing the same :)

4 Likes

Such as ATC is able to see whether the pilot is active or inactive (away from the device)

2 Likes

Hi! So yes, we are being lenient for the first several days following the release. However you will still be reported if you show disregard for basic procedures, i.e. taxiing through others, entering the runway without permission, etc.

4 Likes

ok thanks.

Yes, we won’t report someone if they are unsure of SID and STARs and what not for now, unless it’s problems like taxiing into others or taking off without permission.

2 Likes

ok cool, at what point should you contact center? like once you are in the center airspace?

Yes - if you’re within 270NM of where the frequency is emitting from, switch to that frequency and check in when crossing the boundary into the FIR.

1 Like

i crossed the LAX FIR and i still can not connect

Los Angeles Center is emitting from KONT - make sure you’re within 270NM of this airport.

1 Like

ok thanks, i believe i am but how do i check if i am heading to KLAX?

Tap on LA Center, then press on the green message. You should see “IFAE-Dillon Lewis at KONT”, and below that, it will say “XXX NM - 270 NM” - the number of nautical miles on the left is how far away you are. It must be less than or equal to 270 in order to contact the frequency. For example, I just spawned at KOAK - when I press on LA Center, it says “315 NM - 270 NM”, meaning I’m too far out to contact it.

2 Likes

ok, i am at 277 so i will connect soon thanks so much

No problem! Safe landing :)

3 Likes

how do i request decent via an arrival path??? i can’t figure it out

If you have a STAR in your flightplan, there should be a button in the ATC Menu for Center that says “Request Descent Via [STAR]”

2 Likes

hmmm how do you get a star?? I chose an approach path, do i need an arrival path?

“Select Arrival” is how you add a STAR to your flightplan and you request descent via this. “Select Approach” is the final approach to the runway.

2 Likes