Center line

Its not yet on iOS I see, sad noises

2 Likes

No it’s on IOS already. And the statement that said “we are already spoiled by HUDs”…agreed.

Then sadly enough I don’t have the update yet on my iOS device.

1 Like

I know this isn’t related to the A320, but I know for the B737 you can use the red and yellow/orange warning lights as a sort of ‘line-up’ kind of point. To do so, line up the centreline/taxi line between the two warning lights and it should be centred. This obviously will be affected by the crosswind component but practice is a major part in perfecting different phases of flight. What are you waiting for? Go practice!

2 Likes

Hey guys, can someone tell me what the source gps/ nav1 does because when I press it it litterally does nothing

1 Like

I believe it changes the functionality of the cockpit display (I can’t remember which one) to be able to see the glideslope/localiser indicators. This can be seen on the XCub where it changes the compass on the PFD.

Hope this helped :)

i was practicing a crosswind landing without HUD although the nav display shows wind speed and direction but i can’t feel where my aircraft nose is at LOL

3 Likes

Haha practice practice practice they say…

It makes it so much harder without the HUD. You can always turn it on I guess

1 Like

and more fun

1 Like

Nothing changes on the screens though… have you tried? Even when it’s on gps I can see the localizer and glide slope auto connecting to random air fields

2 Likes

No I haven’t tried, I would’ve thought it would be similar to the XCub but maybe not. Did you do it whilst established on the ILS/GPS cone?

just finished my first proper flight with the updated A321 from Manila to Tokyo Narita, no HUD the approach was stressful had a bit of crosswind 9kts coming from my right had to go around in the first attempt cause i couldn’t figure out where my aircraft nose was at so i can correct it before touch down i was busy looking for a clue while my speed was going down and i almost stalled so i had to go around but managed to land in the second attempt as i figured out the clue to know where my aircraft nose is at during crosswind.

3 Likes

I think… not too sure

1 Like

Here’s a tutorial on the new visual cues for landing/center line in the A320

5 Likes

I can now do better landings on centerlines. It turn out the centerline is supposed to be a little to the right of the black button above the attitude indicator. But what I think is hard is when I gently pull back right before landing I often pull too much and the plane doesn’t land

If only we could have vibrations that let us feel how the aircraft is reacting. Like in real life. It’s a hard thing to add to the game but would make it so more realistic

the a320 tends to float and thats since before the update, if you’re going for a long lengthy runway you will be fine most of the times but on medium to short runways you might need to go around.

1 Like

Blockquote[quote=“Jomo_Kenyatta, post:2, topic:349728”]
we have all been spoiled by the HUD
[/quote]

I totally agree. I didn’t realise how much I relied on the FPV to get me down.

1 Like

You just need to train and in some days you will improve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.