Center and Global Flight Issue

So, as many of you, I won’t sit next to my iPad for 12 hours when flying from LAX to LHR. This means ATC Frequencies like Center may contact me while I’m in my deep sleep, which will obviously cause problems.

Any suggestions how this is going to work?

4 Likes

There’s a feature request where your device will vibrate when atc contacts you.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

1 Like

Then don’t do it when you’re about to sleep.

4 Likes

Short international flights?

3 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

If you can’t stay awake don’t do the flight! Simple as that. If you don’t want to stare at a screen, go outside more! I hate ghosting people. As of recently IFATC has been hammering down on this “AFK” flying. Instant ghost!

8 Likes

Just start with short haul maybe 2 or 3 hours and then make your way up to longer flights. Then you should do super long haul flights when you get used to flying. Starting off with 12 hours would not be a good start

4 Likes

That means Global Flight will be useless, as no one will stare at a screen for 12 hours.

Laura goes to sleep when she does her flights, would you ghost her? I think not.

7 Likes

Three ways to prevent:
1> Wake up at night and secretly play
2> Wake up at early morning and play
3> DON’T

4 Likes

Neither of these are a very thought through solutions.

3 Likes

But they are the only solutions

1 Like

Try the Casual Server :)

4 Likes

He’s got a point actually. This issue would need to be addressed. My idea would be for a rule that says… Aircraft in flight (far) should not have to communicate with ATC if unavailable.

Either that or a system which checks in with the ATC automatically.

3 Likes

Currently the regions mean airports are in closer proximity. I don’t see the problem with setting an AutoNav and flying around the map and neither should IFATC as long as they’re not on approach and at a constant altitude.

Global flight does not mean that you must fly 12h
You can also fly from the netherlands to France for example (that’s not so Far away)
(Global connects These regions)

2 Likes

I see there simply being areas which do not require the user to be tuned into an ATC frequency, such as midway across the atlantic for example, or the autopilot (LNAV) automatically responding to the commands of the centre controller.

1 Like

Maybe the pilot can activate some sort of “away” mode, that will tell ATC that your away from you device :) idk…

7 Likes