Censuring Legitimate Questions Now? Really?

Infinite Flight has several aircraft flagged as “legacy” models, with some updated almost a decade ago. An active poll exists about updating or bringing on new aircraft, which I think is excellent, so I participated. Yes, I voted. However, when a question was asked or thought interjected about updating a legacy model in conjunction with the idea of bringing on new or updating widebodies, it was considered “off-topic.” The question/thought was a very timely question similar to something like this, “This is a great idea, but what about this?” The last legacy aircraft updated was the F-18. When will some of the other legacy aircraft that are still flying receive much-needed attention, e.g., the F-16?

6 Likes

I completely agree, the admins and moderators can sound very condescending and biased sometimes.

3 Likes

Hello!

To start with, flags are generally handed out by Community members. Then it’s up to a moderator or staff member to “answer” that flag by agreeing, ignoring or rejecting. Depending on several different factors anything but a rejection can trigger the flagged post to be hidden which will lead to you receiving a message about that.

Your post was in this case flagged as off-topic. Which in my personal opinion, it also was. The topic isn’t about the F-16. There’s topics covering a potential F-16 rework.

Just keeping things in the topic, on topic.

10 Likes

I think he’s also talking about tone and how things are closed so abruptly. But nevertheless you are correct.

1 Like

He’s not. No mention of that.
But I’m sorry to see you earlier post. You’re more than welcome to reach our about that.

I would however like to point out that it goes both ways. Many here wants us to be “close” and “personal”. But only on their own terms… And unfortunately, it doesn’t quite work like that in a Community with members, moderators and staff spread across the entire world :)

6 Likes

Yes, I value our moderators for keeping our community safe just sometimes they can sound like p**cks

3 Likes

To answer the original question;
Considering 3 out of 5 aircraft in the poll are marked as legacy… ”soon”? The results of the poll will determine that.

3 Likes

And how do you think you sound by expressing yourself that way? ;)

As i said, it goes both ways :)

7 Likes

I like spectating this 🍿

3 Likes

I did bleep it out 😂

1 Like

Still.

Moderators aren’t here to be your friends though. They’re here to keep this place running smoothly. That unfortunately means bumping heads and telling people things they don’t like to hear from time to time. Last part is not uncommon for leading to the receiving end interpretating that for being condescending

4 Likes

It is debatably true, the recommendation of aircraft and features does seem somewhat taboo or censored in some fashion. Not blatantly, however the taboo aspect is definitely there. I do not make nor support feature requests for that very reason. I feel as if I am violating some sort of unwritten code that is “we decide what we want to update, and you tell us what to do first.” Rather than, what do you as a person specifically want to see happen in the sim.

1 Like

Understandable

1 Like

Yeah this community is wild sometimes

1 Like

Well, you’re not wrong ;)
But the majority of the times, we do so based on Community votes in Features and sometimes a poll.

1 Like

It’s not wild, most of the time it’s tame, and calm. But there seems to be this unusual connotation to making requests or recommendations. It seems that it nearly becomes cult like for some people. And the sim moderators try not to let it become to large of a movement, it’s all more unspoken than anything, but it does exist to a large degree, and is certainly palpable at times. I recall a thread where we were discussing how Expert server may need some more regulation, but we felt as if we said the wrong thing, we were shut down my higher ranking members. Opinions are important, and this community revolves around it.

1 Like

It feels to me that the polls don’t decide what is updated, just what is updated first (according to poll results.) I wish to add that I do not intend to bash the sim or the team in any way shape, or form. Just voicing something I’ve noticed.

That depends. Things are not always straightforward unfortunately. Could dive deep into that discussion…

1 Like

Thank you for your response. The topic’s theme is about updating aircraft, more specifically, widebody jets. But that doesn’t negate the question about updating other jets that are long overdue. While the F-16 may not belong in the discussion about widebody jets, the subject of updating other aircraft in the same sentence does, as in, “This is great, but what about this?” And you’re right; there are numerous discussions on updating the F-16. Some of these discussions are two maybe three years old, if not older. Yet, other aircraft continue to receive updates. Within the past year, there was the addition of ramp equipment such as cones, starter carts, and tractors, which I think is nice. Sadly, many of the legacy aircraft remain neglected.

1 Like

Nonetheless, it does seem to me that things are to a certain degree “censored” in a way that is not in a literal meaning of the sense.