Cathay Pacific launching Brussels, Dublin and Copenhagen direct flights

Cathay Pacific will be launching new non-stop routes to three European capitals next summer – Brussels, Dublin and Copenhagen – with the carrier’s A350 set to fly all three.

IMG_20170831_184053

Both the Brussels and the Dublin routes will operate four times weekly, while Cophenhagen – which will run as a seasonal summer service – will fly three times per week.

First to launch will be Brussels, which is set to take off on March 25, 2018 flying on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. This will be followed by the seasonal Copenhagen flights from May 2 to October 12, flying on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Flights to Dublin will then launch on June 2, scheduled for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday operations.

The photo provided below was uploaded on their Instagram’s story. Around an hour before this post was made. Share your thoughts of this exciting news made by Cathay Pacific! I’m sure this must be an interesting addition to their network. I think A350’s presence in their network do help them in order to expand to slightly smaller market 😊

10 Likes

Wow! That’s awesome, even on the A350! Nice to see them expanding.

2 Likes

Cathay pacific being my home airline I am extremely happy to see this happen!

2 Likes

Yup, this announcement must be a big surprise for some of us. I guess Ruppert Hogg have taken another step to save the airline 😉

1 Like

I am surprised any of those routes will hold enough turnout to stay profitable. I guess we will see!

2 Likes

Wuhuu!! So excited to see A350s to Copenhagen :))))

2 Likes

I was expecting that Singapore Airlines would be the first A350 operator to serve Copenhagen

• CPH has been long rumoured to be the first city that would be served by SIA’s A350 prior to AMS’ inaugural announcement due to a pretty high amount of traffic on that flight, also not to mention codeshare with SK 😉

It appeared that CPH is going to be served by 777-300ER which was a surprising news to some avgeeks

Actually, Cathay Pacific isn’t the first operator to operate A350 to CPH. AFAIK, Finnair has deployed some of the 350s to there. But I guess Cathay will be the first to operate a scheduled A350 flight to CPH 😉✈

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see their beautiful A350 at those beautiful places 😍😍

3 Likes

Hong Kong has been on Brussels Airport’s wishlist for a very long time. Belgian press writes negotiations for this route have taken three years. Don’t forget 2016 has been a very tough year for Brussels.

Cathay Pacific has signed a codeshare agreement with Lufthansa Group earlier this year and Brussels Airlines is now a member of that group. I’m sure this will support the BRU-HKG route.

Brussels Airport is an example where 787 and A350 are a success: ANA/Tokyo, Ethiopian/Addis Ababa, Qatar/Doha, TUI/various long-haul, Thai/Bangkok and soon Hainan/Shanghai & Cathay/Hong Kong.

Sidenote: Air Belgium, a new start-up company, has announced Hong Kong as their first destination a while ago. The airline is still waiting for its AOC, the required aircraft and sales revenue…

2 Likes

Yes I read about that on One Mile At A Time! Great to see them expanding with their A350s! So exited for this! Hopefully they can get out of their near debt!😀😀

1 Like

There hasn’t been any 350s to Copenhagen, so far.
SIA upgraded their route from a 777-200 to a -300ER, would definitely prefer the 350

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.