Cathay A359 KSAN/VHHH | My first ultra long-haul flight.

1. The pictures are from my first ever ultra long-haul flight. I flew a Cathay Pacific A350 from San Diego, CA to Hong Kong.

Note that the low visibility weather seen in the pictures from San Diego was not present during the actual departure. This was added afterwards in the replay, for esthetic purposes.

1. Route: KSAN / VHHH

KSAN DCT OCN J1 LAX J5 SUMMA J54 TOU J523 YZT J502 ANN J195 BKA J605 MDO J179 SMA B932 KIVAK G349 MARCC G583 BISIV Y116 CHE Y12 TAPPI Z16 MIHOU Y14 DGC V28 FUE Z40 IGMON A1 CH DCT VHHH

*used with some modifications and additional SIDs / STARs.

Aircraft: Airbus A350-900 B-LRA (Cathay Pacific)
Flight CPA 420 (Heavy)
ETA 15h 59min
Actual Flight time: 16h 30 min (Slower than optimal cruise due to bad altitude and fuel planning)
Departure: 15:57:44 local (start T/O roll)
Arrival: 08:41:03 local (Nose LDG touchdown)

Preparing for Departure at KSAN

After Pushback, starting Engines

Shortly after Vr

Cruising over CA

Mount Rainer (4,392m)

Stunning views of Porcher Island, BC

Just prior to touchdown on RWY 07R in VHHH

I really enjoyed flying out of the new KSAN scenery. I hope, Hong Kong will also get 3D buildings soon, as it has an awesome approach and is an overall great long haul destination to fly to.
The cruise along the North American west coast especially offered stunning views, well worth the long journey. I highly recommend flying this route, despite the length. It really does feel like arriving after a long flight :)

This is my first real post here, as I’m new to this sim. I hope you enjoyed the pictures. There is more to come soon…

18 Likes

Those photos are amazing. Looks like you really enjoyed it πŸ™‚

1 Like

Amazing Shots Man

1 Like

Amazing Pics! 😍

1 Like

@rolls come here

Realism be 😡

And that ANZ 😳

Nice phots!

2 Likes