Casual server behavior in expert server

Today I wanted to do a nice, peaceful, flight from KSAN to KJSC, but that was ruined quick… it started when I was about to turn on to the runway and I saw an “IndiGo” A320 (an Indian airline in San Diego. Not only that, it was an a320.) announce that they were on on final on THE WRONG END OF THE RUNWAY, so me and this Alaskan airline a320 kept saying on Unicom, San Diego Unicom is using runway 27, left traffic. But they still didn’t comply. Not only that, he was WAY too high, so they just nose dived onto runway 9, and realizing that he was 250 kts on short final, he announces a go around. But since they were using the wrong end of the runway, he went around using runway 9 heading. But there also was a south west on final runway 27. You know what that means? A collision is about to occur! So the southwest had to go around and almost collide because of this IndiGo a320, that was, what I like to call, “Reckless flying” But you think that’s enough? No! That’s why I’m making this topic after all. I saw two a380’s spawn in San Diego. In the history of the airport, an a380 has NEVER took off or landed there. After I departed, I was looking at the planes around me, and let me tell you, 70% of everyone’s flight plan was this: KLAX-KSFO. This was so bad that I had to double check that I didn’t accidentally choose training server. So yeah… I’ve learnt today that expert isn’t perfect either…

7 Likes

If you have any screenshots or videos send them to staff and see what they can do :D

1 Like

I see no problem with this, bad behavior isn’t related to people flying non-realistic planes or routes, if the A380 can spawn in an airport, then it can fly there.

5 Likes

With your first point, it isn’t a crime to be in the “wrong airline” at a certain airport.

1 Like

An a380 at San Diego violates the size restriction. So no, it’s not aloud

1 Like

Well everyone wants active atc especially on expert so that flight plan is bound to happen. And whatever happened on expert with the unicom well that’s because people regardless of rank don’t care. They just want to land and not be all professional. Nothing can be done unless a mod/staff saw the incidents even with recordings. There’s a feature request for more strict expert server requirements or something like that👍

1 Like

Actually, the IFAET edits the airport so it includes the size restrictions on the gates, so chances is that if an A380 can spawn there, it doesn’t violate the size restriction, that’s how we roll with IFATC too.

7 Likes

I dont get what the problem is

Oh okay, that’s good to know. But it is a little dumb because once again, an a380 has never gone there before…

Did you read how the a320 went 250 kts on short final and almost collided with many other aircraft?

Oh sorry. That’s not exeptible

1 Like

But that doesn’t mean it can takeoff or land without running off the runway.

1 Like

It can, if you disregard the rules of flight and put your throttle above 100% N1. ;)

Unfortunately, this is something that a lot of people still do.

2 Likes

That’s true.

Well that’s the pilots own problem, they have to take that into consideration and adjust weight accordingly, now if they take off on grass, that’s the real problem and that’s when you would contact a moderator about it.

3 Likes

Well you do have a point.

1 Like

That’s pretty sad, I now realize that something actually has to change on the expert server

1 Like

Expert server states that it requires professionalism. That includes;

• Following rules
  • Showing good conduct(Avoiding obscenities in your callsign and username)
  • Using ATC properly

Though it doesn’t include:

• Strictly enforcing aircraft types depending on the geographical location of the user in the game.

Conclusions:

• Indigo pilot acted unprofessionally and posed a risk to the incoming WN aircraft. This pilot should not have been in the expert server in the 1st place. I hope you don’t experience this again.

• Aircraft type doesn’t really matter. Aircraft being at the airport is not necessarily due to commercial service. It may be a diversion, a one-off, a test flight or even a lease as it occurs in the real life.

2 Likes

Or unless we have AI traffic controlers

That’s been discussed somewhere before i believe the complexity of that coding would be extremely extremely difficult and time consuming. Especially on multiplayer…

1 Like