Casp959er73’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ EDDL [IFATC Practical Exam In 30min]

Hey guys,
I want to join the IFATC team but I want to make sure that my ATC skills are spot on and that I will make no mistakes if I ever do join IFATC. Therefore, I have made a tracking thread at my home airport and I hope that I will get a lot of traffic. Please if you do come to the airport give me feedback on what I should do differently.
I will be mainly ground and tower but sometimes might be departure and arrival as well.

Thank you!

I advise you remain on tower and ground at all times, that is what you’re going to be tested on in the IFATC (Infinite Flight Air Traffic Control) practical exam. I’ll come down to help you in making sure that you’re alright.

2 Likes

Sorry airport change to EDDL

Sorry, won’t be able to make it.

Good luck on your practical!

Hello Casp959er73! My username is Humars and my callsign is N687HS, I was one of the attendants for your session today. It has been a nice flight, but not to forget here’s your general feedback:

Strengths:

1. You properly used the correct clearances (pattern insturction, sequence (if applicable, which in this case it wasn’t) and clearence) when I requested for a runway change.

2. You perfectly gave the correct approval and frequency change when I requested for depature to the west.

Improvements:

1. I requested to taxi to Runway 23L but you didn’t give me that clearence for ten minutes (10m) in a low traffic volume (meaning little to no aircraft) environment at the time, I requested one more time to taxi to runway 23L, then in four minutes (4m) I decided to taxi without clearence. Make sure you pay attention to aircraft on the ground & air and if I’m not incorrect there is suppose to be orange flashing that indicates a aircraft has requested for something or has said something in a frequency that you control that also requires your attention; keep an eye out for that as it will help you determine the amount of requests per frequency.

2. When you gave the transition to N132SF (@Kryzlot), you said the transition altitude was 2,500ft, but the contradiction here is that the pattern altitude is 1,600ft because 1,500ft (original pattern altitude)+100ft (airport elevation)=1,600ft (the reason why the two digits of the three digit number (44-45) was removed is because these are unnecessary digits when it comes to the altitudes that aircraft fly). Then 1,600ft (new pattern altitude)+1,500ft (original pattern altitude)=3,100ft which then means that the closest transition altitude to 3,100ft would be 3,000ft. This calculation can be used for any airport, the only thing that doesn’t change is the orignial pattern altitude.

3. Clearing me for the option while I’m in the middle of climbing is a bit too early, the best time to clear someone for the option is on crosswind or early downwind.

Otherwise, you did wonderful/fantastic and hope you pass the IFATC (Infinite Flight Air Traffic Control) practical exam!

P.S.: Yes, I accidentally left my landing gear on in some circuits, it’s due to forgetfulness and being rusty which is something that I’m trying to work on reducing as much as possible, particularly when I’m in the process of attempting to join IFATC myself, but is still present to a minimum.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.