Caribbean Region Earlier, great ATC!

Just to say great job by Jeebak Roy and Jared Hodge for their great controlling in the Caribbean Region ( Advanced) earlier today with St Martine Centre and Tower respective. Great jobs guys!!

5 Likes

I’ll second that, Approach did a fantastic job getting very busy traffic arranged in a neat line. I did notice that Tower kept dropping offline though, wasn’t sure whether that was a bug or them having connectivity problems.

2 Likes

Looks like it was better than KNUC yesterday… Terrible ATC!

Dont think that TNCM is quite that busy in real life, however was well handled extreemly well, helped by fellow pilots doing what thry have been requested! I love flying on zadvanced Server! Makes such a difference!

It is busy. There may not be that many commercial jets there in real life, but there’s a bunch of small island hopper flights that fly to and from the surrounding islands.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Jeebak and Jared are 2 of the best we have! If you guy want to learn how to be great ATC, fly under their control a few times!

3 Likes

Approach at TNCM was done by me. Thanks!

3 Likes

U r absolutely right they r the best ATC controllers.

1 Like

They normally do that, even though they shouldn’t. They expect the airplane landing to be at landing speed, and by the time it touches the tarmac, that’s when the aircraft waiting for departure can line up on the runway. It’s all about timing of course.

1 Like

You’re grumpy this morning, have more coffee! :-)

It’s not brown nosing, just sharing a bit of positive feedback. That particular session was very, very busy and Approach did an excellent job. We see an awful lot of posts criticising and whinging about ATC so it’s refreshing to see people sharing the love. Pilots communicating well and listening to Approach added to that particular experience.

2 Likes

We should get a phrase like: “Line up and wait behind” That makes it more clear.

1 Like

2 Likes

Def not “Brown Noseing” but as Tobybsaid giving credit whete itbwas due! I dont think “anyone” can be a good controller, at least not without some training and experience. I have tried ATC a few times on Playground so can apprecoate how hard it is. There are plenty of posts about how badcATC is so oly thought to redress the balnace and say thank you to those who did a good job!

Well I don’t think they are ALL 16, however I know what you mean!

1 Like

I think you’re awesome Jamesy, will that do? 😘

2 Likes

1 Like