Cargo Pilots During Pandemic

Just a quick question. How does this pandemic affect cargo pilots? For example, I found a route for a FedEx MD-11 going from Memphis(MEM) to El Paso(ELP) and back. The only problem is, the two flights are like eight hours apart. What do pilots do in the meantime? Aren’t hotels closed?

1 Like

Hotels are open, in some countries they can’t leave the hotel at all though

2 Likes

Certain hotels are still open, and they will stay there, while maintaining proper social distancing, of course.

By the looks of it, this belongs in the #real-world-aviation category. However, you must be Trust Level 2 (Member) to post in there. You are currently TL1 (Basic). Stay active, post, and like, and you’ll get there in no time. I’ve linked a topic below that can help you get started here on the forum. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to ask myself or one of the moderators. I have you have a great time here, enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the Infinite Flight Community

Oh, so that’s why it wouldn’t let me post in Real World Aviation. Thanks for your help!

Hotels and other amenities are starting to reopen here in the states… slowly. Those essential services such as select hotels and other businesses needed to remain open for those workers such as pilots who do require a place to sleep, eat, bathe, etc. Can’t necessarily live in total blackout. 🙂

1 Like