CaptainT’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Welcome to my ATC tracking thread. I am practicing my ATC skills and want to invite you to visit my airport when I’m open. Your feedback would be most welcome. Thanks in advance for visiting.

Best regards
CaptainT

5 Likes

TTCP is now OPEN for 1 hour. Please do come by. Thank you!

Airport: TTCP

Server: Training

Frequencies:
Ground/Tower

Runway use:

1 Like

@FN60fps what you think so far?

1 Like

Hey, @CaptainT Thanks for the excellent service today!

Here my feedback (OK-LOL)

Positive Feedback:

Your ground awareness was excellent. You were able to solve the pushback conflict and issued the hold position to me.

Your take-off clearance was perfect for remaining in the pattern.

Pattern entries, and clearances were on point and changed them according to my inbound requests.

Things to improve:

Airspace departures

• When you approve a airspace departure for an aircraft, make sure to issue a frequency change after that. Dont wait for the pilot to request or leaves your tower aircraft. Just send the frequency chnage and get it out of the way.

Transition

• My transition at 2,500ft was too low. It should’ve been 3,000ft. To calculate your transition altitude add 2,500ft to your airport elevation and around up ypur results to the nearest 500

Exit runway

• The exit runway should be given at 70kts. In this case, it was issued late. I would recommend having the exit runway command ready to send it.

That’s all I have for you. Keep up the great work, you are doing excellent!

1 Like

Thank you so much @FN60fps i really appreciate this feedback.

1 Like

TTCP tower is now closed.

CYYZ is now OPEN for 1 hour. Please do come by. Thank you!

Airport: CYYZ

Frequencies:
Ground/Tower

Runway use:
24L/23

Hello! I’d love to attend, however, I don’t think CYYZ is the best airport for training as it has many runways! I’d rather LFBO or any airport with two runways! Let me know and ill try to get some other pilots! Thanks!

1 Like

Tag me when you are open

1 Like

TNCM is now OPEN for 1 hour. Please do come by. Thank you!

Airport: TNCM

Frequencies:
Ground/Tower

Runway use:

1 Like

I’ll come by quick! @Eddie_D

I’ll stop by in 5

@CaptainT Sorry, had to go. If you are open later tag me.

Feedback from Beefy 1:

Although I was only there for 4 minutes, the only thing that I saw that should be corrected was that when i requested takeoff and stated I was remaining in the pattern, you should have instructed me either to make L/R traffic, none was given to me.

1 Like

Hey there! I need to eat real quick so I’ll type up my feedback later. Next time please choose a better airport cus terrain at TNCM is a bit tougher for pattern work. Pick something with 2 runways please!
Thanks feedback will be up shortly!

1 Like

Thank you I will.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hello @CaptainT, sorry to keep you waiting but please read my feedback carefully and let me know if you have any questions!

1. Take-off clearance without traffic direction. To echo what @Eddie_D also said, departures remaining in the pattern require an initial traffic direction, make left/right traffic. Aircraft who are not remaining in the pattern can just receive a take-off clearance.

2. Pattern entry issues: I was already cleared to make right traffic. I was also the only aircraft in the pattern, so it was unnecessary to tell me to enter right base because I was already instructed to make right traffic. The entry is in the take-off clearance!

3. Multiple landing clearances: You cleared me as #1 cleared for the option initially, so you don’t need to reclear me over and over again. One clearance is enough. Aircraft remaining in the pattern should be instructed “cleared for the option” not “cleared to land” because they could be doing other things other than landing, touch and goes, full stop, low flyover, etc…

That’s all I have for today! Have you applied to IFATC yet?
Please let me know if you have questions! Thanks

2 Likes

Love this feedback also. I can see a lot of mistakes that I made.

I will be better next time, was getting a little troubling finding the correct response when pilots send their requests, but I am getting better performing ATC duties.

And yes I did applied for IFATC recently, I passed the examination, just gaining more experience before I complete the practical.

1 Like

Would you like to get some more practice in? Please add me on discord! @Master12! I can further assist you for preparation for your practical!

1 Like

TTCP is now OPEN for 1 hour. Please do come by. Thank you!

Airport: TTCP

Frequencies:
Ground/Tower

Runway use: