CaptainMe’s ATC Tracking Thread [CLOSED]

Hello pilots and air traffic controllers. I’m in the control tower in EBBR (Bruxelles airport). I wait to see you in my airport

Hi,

Please use the proper format for something like this:

Proper format:

CaptainMe’s ATC Tracking Thread [OPEN/CLOSED] @ ICAO (EBBR)

1 Like

Coming now! DHL507. What’s a good airport to fly to from here?

This is the second time I have to fix the title for you. Please stay on your main ATC Thread linked below by updating your title to [OPEN] when you are open and [CLOSED] when you are done controlling:

1 Like

I hope to see you in the skies of Dublin
• Training Server
• EIDW
• Open
• Controll ground and tower

I am on my way!! Nasa1

1 Like

You are welcome. What is your departure airport?

Would you mind if I fly a couple of patterns??

On my way as PH-ADZ. See you in Dublin.

I reported inbound for touch and go, from a little airport from the south. You instructed me: runway 28 cleared to land. So here are some golden tips for controlling for you:

• every new inbound always first gets a pattern entry instruction (with a sequence on who to follow)
  • every runway change always first gets a pattern entry instruction (with a sequence…)
  • every aircraft that is not cleared.for number 1, should first have received a sequence on who to follow, this rule is for both inbounds and patterns
  • aircrafts reporting inbound for touch and go are ‘cleared for the option’; this clears and aircraft for a touch and go, a low pass of even a landing.
  • an aircraft is only cleared once per landing/option. In case of a go-around he needs to be re-sequenced and cleared (land/option)
  • an aircraft that is not cleared by Tower is not allowed to touch down
  • “sequencing in your friend”, use it to control your inbounds
  • avoid inbounds on two crossing runways, it’s asking for trouble.
  • every aircraft that has landed gets a runway exit instruction.
  • ground control is important. Use give way instructions where needed. Make sure runway exits are kept clear for traffic that needs to exit the runway

There is a lot more to know, but if you learn and can dream the above, I’ll be back for some more flying 😉

You haven’t been on this forum very long. I think it’s great you focus on your controlling. I suggest you take @Thomas_G s advice and have a good study of the ATC tutorials on YouTube. I watched some of these more than 5 times. You’ll learn a lot.

All the best!

6 Likes

Adding on to azeeuwnl, dont forget to clear for the option or landing. I had to go twice around because I was not cleared!!

I will also suggest to take a look at #tutorials:atc. You can also visit the IFYoutube channel, where Tyler uploads usefull tips and tutorials for ATC.

Really, all the best!!😉

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll going to visit the ATC tutorial page

2 Likes

If you have ANY questions. Ask!
We’re here to help eachother.

3 Likes

I have a question. What is a transition?

1 Like

Tip: when changing your post’s title to (open), add the airport you’re at inside the title. makes it easier to find you.

You can remove the airport after you change the title back to (closed)

1 Like

Transition is when aircraft wants to fly through your airspace but not land. High altitudes dont need to request transition because your airspace only extends a few thousand feet up. There is a tutorial on it I think.

1 Like
1 Like

An pilot needs to request a transition if he wants to pass through your airspace.
So he’s not planning to land, but just passes through.

Around each airport there’s the so called ‘airspace’. It’s a virtual area around your airport. The blue circles around your airspace show the horizontal boundaries. But your airspace also has a ceiling. You can see the ceiling by clicking inside the circle of an airport. Each circle has a ceiling. The closer to the airport, the lower the ceiling.

Read more here:

As you can see in the tutorial, we’ve ‘simplified’ airspaces in IF, to all have a 5000 feet ceiling. As @Michael_O_Sullivan explained, aircrafts that are above your ceiling, are outside your airspace. They don’t have to (and they shouldn’t) request a transition.

Typically, when controlling in IF, we use for Transition altitude a ‘rule of thumb’ of 3000 - 4000 feet AGL. This keeps the aircraft clear of any patterns.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

I hope to see you in the skies of Dublin
• Training Server
• EIDW
• Controll ground and tower

Hi. Feedback here or in PM?

1 Like